2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyde Park was billed as Blur's only major show of the year. 80,000 capacity.

They've since announced two Scandinavian festivals, both of which have a capacity of around 25-30,000 on the main stage (according to this Scandinavian festival site) for the same weekend as the Hyde Park concert. I mean these are small events in the great scheme of things, and the announcement on their website says that the shows are to 'warm up nicely for Hyde Park'.

I'll be surprised if they go on to play Reading and Leeds - both venues will have an attendance close to the Hyde Park show. At the minute, since they're playing two small far flung festivals (these aren't even the biggest events in Sweden and Denmark) specifically to 'warm up nicely' for the Olympics show, the statement about it being their 'only major show' is still reasonable I think. Announcing R&L would just make it a blatant lie.

Edited by Kierkegaard

I disagree with that to an extent. Kasabian despite headling everywhere else aren't huge and Black Keys when booked weren't as big as they are now and I still bet people will be going "who the fuck are Black Keys" since even Elbow weren't a big sub for some people last year with some people predicting them as NME headliners or mid main stage. Foos & Bloc are a typical R&L bands that play fairly often, Blur who they've got by bending their exclusive rule and Florence is the only one I'd say is too strong for the spot imo.

Blur just doesn't seem to sit well.

Just read this on the bt london live website.

BT London Live presents Blur - Damon Albarn, Alex James, Graham Coxon and Dave Rowntree – for this milestone performance. It will be Blur’s single major live performance in 2012 and sees them back onstage in Hyde Park following their legendary sold- out dates of summer 2009.

This event is operated by Live Nation

The website is also run by Live Nation with this statement on

BT London Live presents Blur - Damon Albarn, Alex James, Graham Coxon and Dave Rowntree – for this milestone performance. It will be Blur's single major live performance in 2012 and sees them back onstage in Hyde Park following their legendary sold- out dates of summer 2009.

BT London Live presents Blur - Damon Albarn, Alex James, Graham Coxon and Dave Rowntree – for this milestone performance. It will be Blur's single major live performance in 2012 and sees them back onstage in Hyde Park following their legendary sold- out dates of summer 2009.