Have a guess at the lineup?

Guest Atterz123

I think now so many names are being thrown about, we should all have a crack and what we'd expect or like. As i always find this as an interesting read anyway and hopefully a member or two will be congratulated for predicting the correct set so early. If Efestivals could make a prediction to that would be interesting... For me (i am going on half what i expect and half what i really want) it would be;

Friday;

Pyramid;

U2

Pulp

Other;

Chemical Brothers

Saturday;

Pyramid;

Coldplay

Take That

Other;

Arcade Fire

Sunday;

Pyramid;

Prince

Beyonce

Other;

Daft Punk

It's not much but i could expect this. However the other stage for me is near perfection. I'll probably also be slated for placing pulp non headline, but that's just because personally i don't think they are big enough to warrant a glastonbury headline slot so soon after headlining. I'd also hope to see fatboy slim, beady eye, the strokes, dolly parton and even if radiohead don't headline i feel their presence will be felt somewhere...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right! I'll go for:

Friday:

Pyramid- U2/ Pulp

Other- Black Eyed Peas

John Peel- The XX

Saturday:

Pyramid- Coldplay

Other- Libertines

John Peel- Brandon Flowers

Sunday:

Pyramid- Bon Jovi

Other- Prodigy

John Peel- Calvin Harris!

Right! I'll go for:

Friday:

Pyramid- U2/ Pulp

Other- Black Eyed Peas

John Peel- The XX

Saturday:

Pyramid- Coldplay

Other- Libertines

John Peel- Brandon Flowers

Sunday:

Pyramid- Bon Jovi

Other- Prodigy

John Peel- Calvin Harris!

Friday:

Pyramid - u2 - Pulp - Biffy Clyro

Other - Strokes

JPT - The View

Saturday:

Pyramid - Coldplay - Beyonce - Take That/Paolo Nutini

Other - Chemical Brothers

JPT - The Maccabees

Sunday:

Pyramid - Prince/Radiohead - Elbow - Manic Street Preachers/Amy Winehouse

Other - Lady Gaga

JPT - The XX/These New Puritans?

Most I think are pretty obvious/nailed on to play and need no introduction/explanation.

However:

Take That - I know it's been said by different sources that they don't look likely to play, but I could still see them playing, think it would be the perfect show for them to do.

Prince/Radiohead - I think Prince is the artist that Prince has been after for a long time, and could very much see him playing, but the price may put him off. The guest appearence last year and their history with the festival would seem to make Radiohead more likely, but they've appeared to have dropped out of the rumours recently.

Manics/Winehouse - Obviously Manics have played a few times and I'm sure will play again. Last time Winehouse played, she obviously didn't get the best of reactions from most of the crowd, but her new record should be out by next year. Although she played second in '08, I could see her dropping.

The XX/These New Puritans - It's not definite The XX will be around next year, even though i'd love to see them. I hope they are. I'm not quite sure how big people think TNP are to be honest.

heres my guess;

Friday

Pyramid - U2 , Elbow

Other - Kanye West

Saturday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Beyonce. Both with an appearance from Jay-z

Other - The Strokes

John Peel - The Streets

Sunday

Pyramid - Pulp

Other - Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers

Other acts to play on any day or time: Paolo Nutini, Katy Perry, The Enemy, Bon Iver, The Wombats, The Maccabees, Magnetic Man, Hurts

Legend Slot - Roxy Music

there we go :)

Friday

Pyramid: U2, Amy Wino

Other: The Libertines

Saturday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Beyonce

Other: The Chemical Brothers

Sunday

Pyramid: Pulp, Elbow

Other: Underworld

Misc.

Pyramid: Cee Lo Green, Paulo Nutini, Fleet Foxes, Band of Joy, Feist, Tinie Tempah

Other: Royksopp, Klaxons, Biffy Clyro, White Lies, Laura Marling, The Coral, Mumford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie

Peel and/or Park: Emmy the Great, Grinderman, Brandon Flowers, Zola Jesus, Asobi Seksu, Blonde Redhead, Janelle Monae, Little Dragon (or Dance Village), Deerhoof

West Holts: Gogol Bordello (or Pyramid), Big Boi, Cat Power

Edited by Bort

Just for poops & giggles then:

Friday;

Pyramid - U2

Other - Elbow

Sat:

Pyramid - Coldplay

Other - Arcade Fire

Sunday;

Pyramid - Madonna

Other - Pulp

I think The Strokes, Kylie, Biffy and The Manics will also feature one some of the bigger stages/tents but not sure where.

My bash at it:

Friday

Pyramid: U2, Elbow

Other: The Kooks

John Peel: Goldfrapp

Saturday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Kylie

Other: Belle & Sebastian

John Peel: Cast

Sunday

Pyramid: Pulp, Keane

Other: Leftfield

John Peel: Glasvegas

Theres some bad guesses on this thread! Kooks, Leftfield are the size of bands you get headlining on the Other Stage. Not Arcade Fire, The Strokes or Lady Gaga!

I'll have a go...

Friday

Pyramid = U2, Biffy Clyro

Other = Pulp

Saturday

Pyramid = Coldplay, Beyonce/Kylie

Other = The Strokes

Sunday

Pyramid = Foo Fighters, Elbow

Other = The Chemical Brothers

Other Acts = Outkast (Emily Eavis apprantly phoned Big Boi on some BBC radio show...), Manic Street Preachers, The Streets, The Gaslight Anthem, Plan B, Paolo Nutini, Cee-Lo, Magnetic Man, Janelle Monae, Tinie Tempah, Klaxons

Legend Slot = Elton John

Edited by eonerf

Was going to say about yours.

Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys, Orbital, all of them are bigger than the Kooks and Leftfield. Kooks would be lucky to get a headline JPT. Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Prodigy, all bigger than the Kooks and Leftfield.

If the Kooks ever headlined Other, I'd be majorly disappointed. If Leftfield headlined i'd be disappointed compared to previous headliners, but not as much as Kooks.

Was going to say about yours.

Flaming Lips, Pet Shop Boys, Orbital, all of them are bigger than the Kooks and Leftfield. Kooks would be lucky to get a headline JPT. Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Prodigy, all bigger than the Kooks and Leftfield.

If the Kooks ever headlined Other, I'd be majorly disappointed. If Leftfield headlined i'd be disappointed compared to previous headliners, but not as much as Kooks.