pulp

Guest LEDZEP66

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely they wouldn't headline the Pyramid?

i know they were huge but... for a lot of people it's all about Common People and not much else, and as Neil said, they were on a steady decline towards the end

i would've thought Other Stage headliner would be far more fitting

also, if this 'three biggest bands in the world' thing is true (i'm not sure if it was disregarded or whatever) then they definitely don't fit that

Other Stage headliner or second on Pyramid i reckon

Guest blackcockerel

surely they wouldn't headline the Pyramid?

i know they were huge but... for a lot of people it's all about Common People and not much else, and as Neil said, they were on a steady decline towards the end

i would've thought Other Stage headliner would be far more fitting

also, if this 'three biggest bands in the world' thing is true (i'm not sure if it was disregarded or whatever) then they definitely don't fit that

Other Stage headliner or second on Pyramid i reckon

Pulp could easily headline. They'd be better than the Verve and not as good as Blur and I'm fairly sure thousands would enjoy it.

All that said if it is U2, Prince, Coldplay or similar then they could easily take perhaps an elongated second slot under Prince.

A fourth headliner you say... :lol:

I would generally agree with this, though Blur did buck the trend.

I would rather they didnt play so our memories can remain untarnished, but if they did play it could quite easily be sensational. Or awful.

This reunion doesnt make mich sense to me though I must admit.

Blur was a bit different though wasn't it? Not only did they have a huge pool of hits to draw on but there was the personal side of it. I'm still convinced that Albarn's main motivation was healing friendships (even if the others had money on their mind) and that was a part of what made it so emotional

Guest blackcockerel

aye but it'd now be 16 years later, when they don't exactly have anything to prove, and are probably doing it for the money (Jarvis' solo career isn't exactly flourishing sales-wise)

and yeah... Pulp were never exactly HUGE (not upto the standards of Blur etc anyway) and only had one REAL hit (Common People, of course)

with Blur there was sing along after sing along with huge mass crowd participation, but with Pulp.. i don't know

i'd just find it weird if they headlined really. wouldn't seem right. when they broke up they weren't headline size (in 2002 at Reading/Leeds they were second, under The Strokes who literally had one album) so i don't see why they should be headlining now

Words cannot explain how EXCITED I was to hear this news about half an hour ago. I LOVE PULP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE SAY THEY'LL PLAY GLASTONBURY!!!! :D Surely it's looking very likely to happen? It all makes sense, and it would fit nicely around the dates they've announced....!!