THERE WAS NO QUEUE!

Guest emme

From what i can see there was no queue. The "queuing page" was very unfairly misleading.

You just had to get a response from the server.

The "you are now queuing" page refreshed itself every 20secs.

If you opened the "queuing page" in 20 tabs in Internet Explorer @ 1 sec intervals you were requesting the page every second.

I got about 30 responses in 10mins.

got 26 tickets last year and 16 this year.

Being outside the uk and having a smaller ISP seems to be an advantage.

Tbh, I wasnt really under any impression there actually was. I just f5'd to my hearts content and waited for my screen to turn the right colour of green and for the writing to change to SeeTickets at the top of every open tab. Simples.

One its changed, I knew I may have a screen that worked and sat hammering f5 for 4 hours even after having my ticket got for me by one of my festy chums. I just wanted to have a go at buying some for someone...anyone...and I did :D Buzztastic!

It was very mis leading but it did say you could manually refresh yourself instead of every 20 seconds, I just hit f5 until I got through

This is the first time they have had this by the way so it wasn't just first timers that could have been mis led

Edited by modey

Well we know that now.

I also F5ed like a madman on numerous pages of numerous browsers, but got nowhere or usually backwards to not being connected again. This is what's annoying. I get disconnected 30 odd times. Other people seem to have been able to stay connected all day.

I don't see how I was tricked, if it's truly random? I tried some links posted on here and still the same.

So, WTF was I getting disconnected all the time. It's all I want to know. F5 might as well have been a "give up" key for me.

People saying it's simple don't seem to get the frustrating experience that others had.

Edited by MrZigster

After I bought my ticket, I left the "queue" page up and from 10:00 to 1:00 it never left the queue page. I understand why people are upset

What annoyed me was i got in the queue a few times and it timed out then i got in again and stayed on for around 20 mins doing its refresh every 20 secs. Then the page changed white and the loading bar showed up and i thought it was changing to the booking form. Next this INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT LOAD THE PAGE. WTF

Didn't get anywhere near after that.

I think it was completely random to be honest. Was pressing F5 like a demon on my laptop with about 10 windows open with the dreaded "queue" but actually got through on my iphone which I had sitting next to me refreshing itself with good old 3G ... wouldn't have noticed it had actually "pushed me through" except my cat jumped on the table and nearly knocked it on the floor!

Been going since 1999 and had some close calls on the internet but nothing this year. 2 pcs,FF and IE and iphone and the phone but couldn't even getting in the 'Q' despite trying for 4 hours. Very disappointed. I am no techy but something is not right when you listen to some of the stories. I guess this might be goodbye for me. Time to look elsewhere. Not quite sure ehat esle I can do