THERE WAS NO QUEUE!

Guest emme

I did get tickets online eventually, but was also trying by phone hitting redial for 2 1/2 hrs, pretty much non-stop.

At one point I was getting so angry I was imagining one phone sitting in an office which Seetickets just took off the hook at 8.55, saving all employment costs & just claiming extreme demand as the reason it was constantly engaged! :) OTT perhaps, but I don't know a single person in the last few years who's actually successfully purchased a ticket via phone!

how was it misleading the queing page said it would just keep refreshing ! or you could click f5..

as discussed when we were testing links LAST NIGHT

62782_1514090346244_1653996175_1256655_4948187_n.jpg

Edited by mrfunk

Queue was a total sham. Whether I left it alone or F5ed like a madman, nothing worked. Firefox, chrome, safari, opera with turbo mode enabled...it was all the same.

Thankfully someone managed to get through more than once. Otherwise, I would be one of the ticketless many.

Edited by Bort

The tickets were slowly being released at a rate of 560 a min.(135,000 over 4hrs)

you know this because of this tweet from @glastofest

"12.48pm: It's looking like tickets will sell out around 1pm. We'll let you know as soon as they do"

They could have sold them in 10mins if the wanted to.Think of the amount of people around the world who request the page "www.google.com" at the one time, your never put in a queue for that are you!

Also, how do you put 300,000 people in a queue for 135,000 tickets. a queue should only be used when a server cant physically handle all the request. if it were a queue people would have been served consecutively, one after another.

The 'queue' certainly feels misleading to me. It was clearly designed to take a bit of pressure off the site.

I regulalry buy tickets for England matches from the FA and they run a proper queuing system through Ticketmaster - you're told how long you'll have to wait.

I basically kept F5ing and it paid off in the end. Once it did I hit Twitter to advise others to do the same.

On the subject of people getting lots of tickets I think I can throw some light on the subject for those that don't understand. Basically once you're through and have received your confirmation you just need to click 'back' on your browser to start filling in the form again with different details i.e. those of other friends who you know are trying to get tickets.

I actually got tickets for three additional sets of friends (9 in total) having got the 6 I was after. It doesn' feel entirely right. I don't think the system is ideal. That said EVERYONE is registered, there is a finite number and some will be disappointed (the same would be true if they picked names out of a hat). It could have been me and my friends it wasn't; I'm very grateful for that.

using chrome i had 2 tabs open on the waiting in queue page.

was f5'in one and left the other to do it itself

after 1hr i got in on the one i didnt f5 and it crashed after two hours i got in again got all the way through putting card details in pressed submit and it went back to in a queue page.

thought i was never getting them now..got through again at about 3hours put my refs in and it said already put down a deposit on these refs..so i waited nervously for an email

I just wanted to have a go at buying some for someone...anyone...and I did :D Buzztastic!

I have never come across that queue type page before but I think years of experience of trying for Glastonbury tickets at different levels of demand has taught me to be very suspicious of anything claiming to be a queue. I ALWAYS view them as a trap and was really disappointed this year when all I could get was a queue (if I was lucky) because I would normally never stay in one.

Even getting tickets for Wembley this year with The Villa I found I was way ahead of all my friends because I never fell into the queue trap!

However - what was written below the queue title was pretty clear. You weren't moving forward, it was simply a page that would try and get a link to a ticket page for you every 20 seconds. It told you that you could try more often than this by using refresh and so it made perfect sense to sit and refresh constantly.

I got timed out about every 20 minutes and had to try for a queue page again, but on the advice of someone off here who I tried to get tickets for last year after they failed, I never had more than 2 tabs open - more windows just slow you down and it becomes couterproductive.

However - what was written below the queue title was pretty clear. You weren't moving forward, it was simply a page that would try and get a link to a ticket page for you every 20 seconds. It told you that you could try more often than this by using refresh and so it made perfect sense to sit and refresh constantly.

I got timed out about every 20 minutes and had to try for a queue page again, but on the advice of someone off here who I tried to get tickets for last year after they failed, I never had more than 2 tabs open - more windows just slow you down and it becomes couterproductive.

I don't see how people can complain about being misguided by the queue, when right underneath it said that it would refresh every 20 seconds or you could do it manually. Did some people read the first line of text but then skip over the next two lines once they thought they had got into the queue?