Reading 2011 line up prediction

Guest billyjoearmstrongsdad

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Blur doing it unless they're planning a new album, which they've said they won't. And Pulp is just wishful thinking. Would love it to happen, but I doubt it. And even if they by some miracle did, I think they'd do Glasto.

Foo Fighters seems like a dead cert, unless download manages to scoop them up. System seems more likely for download, but it could happen, seeming as Serj was at Reading this year.

how about this....

Soundgarden/Pixies co-headline

Muse

Gorillaz or someone.

No 2 hour slot, just 4 headliners in one weekend? for me thats perfect. 2 bands that define Reading, one band who is f**king huge and another very current band who are huge and electric live.

I love reading guess who's headlining games :)

I'm under the impression Muse are more or less definitely playing ReadingandLeeds next year, they got asked this year or some shite like that, and they said no, cause of their Manchester and Wembley shows or something along them lines.. so they are your Blink for this year i think, they will deffo headline...

On the Glasto forum, it's just rife (well it was), with stories of REM playing Glasto, i think it's on the Park Stage 'secretly', so if they are in the UK, and Europe i wouldn't rule them out!

Show me one fan of music who has not at least heard Black Hole Sun.

Plus Spoonman, Rusty Cage, Jesus Christ Pose are all played semi regularly on music channels and alt radio stations. I really don't think it's that unfair of a comparison. All bands where huge, sold millions and broke up. It's kinnda like selective history, Blink 182 as they are more recent, but SG who were one of the band responsible for the biggest revolution in music of the past 2 years... no no no nooo..

Guys please stop predicting SG for NME. SG are not going to play full stop. But if you will predict them, predict for Headlining main, or subbing main, NME just wouldn't happen.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Heard Soundgarden in london in some random shoe shop in amoungst Jason Derulo, N-Dubz etc. Was a nice surprise and saved me from boredom for at least 5 minutes chilling out to Black Hole Sun. They would be prettey epic headlining Reading and they have headlined festivals before for example they headlined Lolapalooza(sp) this year which is one of the biggest festivals in America. They could easily headline Reading and Leeds no question and if Pixies sub headlined that would be incredible, they are a brilliant Live band but I've heard reports that they are a bit iffy at festivals.

Would also love to see Ween somewhere on the bill too. They've got a new album out so theres a chance.

I think 2011 may have a little less rock orientated headliners, I could see either Foo's or Greenday headlining one day and more alternative bands on the other two days.

Very much so :)

However.

Pixies need to record this new album thats been talked about for years. Until then they will only be subbing festivals or lower. You can only milk a reunion for so long. Which is a shame, because if i had my way they'd headline every festival ever.