Reading 2011 line up prediction

Guest billyjoearmstrongsdad

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one I'm really confident on is Foo's, I'd like to think they'll avoid Green Day seeing as they've been whoring themselves out so much, same goes for Muse and Kasabian.

I think Eminem is possible, he doesn't want to tour, whenever he got played on the speakers over the weekend he got a great reaction too, so it's not really a worry that he wouldn't be a hugely popular choice.

The Strokes are another logical bet. Offspring have been away from the festival for awhile, not sure they'd take second top anymore, but they could easily do what Weezer did this year.

Only one I'm really confident on is Foo's, I'd like to think they'll avoid Green Day seeing as they've been whoring themselves out so much, same goes for Muse and Kasabian.

I think Eminem is possible, he doesn't want to tour, whenever he got played on the speakers over the weekend he got a great reaction too, so it's not really a worry that he wouldn't be a hugely popular choice.

The Strokes are another logical bet. Offspring have been away from the festival for awhile, not sure they'd take second top anymore, but they could easily do what Weezer did this year.

Just an early guess

Main

My Chemical Romance

-

-

Feeder

Jimmy Eat World

Coheed & Cambria

Less Than Jake

The All-American Rejects

-

Pulled Apart By Horses

NME

MGMT

-

-

-

-

Main

Blur

Manic Street Preachers

Vampire Weekend

The Enemy

The Pigeon Detectives

Death Cab For Cutie

The Dead Weather

Friendly Fires

Manchester Orchestra

NME

Interpol

The Subways

The Mars Volta

-

-

Main

Foo Fighters

30 Seconds To Mars

-

Incubus

-

Good Charlotte

Taking Back Sunday

-

Elliot Minor

My Passion

NME

Florence + The Machine

The XX

The Temper Trap

-

-

I Will edit the (-)'s soon.

My track record for predictions is rubbish, so you can expect none of the following to play:

Friday: Green Day or The Strokes

Saturday: REM or The Cure

Sunday: Iron Maiden or Tool

Likewise, I hope that I don't blight any of the followings' chances: Primus, Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth, JEW, Goldfinger, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion