Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

35hkaq1.png

with the Efest cam on 1 side of the bush and Karls camp on the other we could have a live game of worms :)

joking :) all depend on the incline of that field as to where we camp , as a rule I likee to be at the top of any hill .

Edited by timespeedsup

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't arrive at the site until Friday early afternoon, so could someone please update this page and the FB group as to where the eFests camp is exactly once it has been established on Thursday evening, to make it easier for us all.

This is SOOOO painful now. Not going and with 2 days to go still time to cough up for a spare ticket to get Special Delivered and sort out travel to wherever the festival is (I actually dont know as I just know I cant really go and have kept knowledge of it to an absolute minimum).

Gaaaah...my poor head is in such wibblyness with indecision. If I say yay I will seriously regret it financially (Glasto will be touch and go and I am unemployed again and I really overspent at BT last year!) If I say nay I regret it because I am one of the only ones not going and its making my head hurt just picturing you all there together.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Booooooooooooohooooooooooooo...wwweeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp.

Deep breath and admit you aint going Ms Luscious. Save up for BD...save up for BD. Repeat this mantra.

Have a wonderful time my lovely lovelies.

Edited by LusciousLucy

If you're looking for your new favourite band on Friday afternoon, get along to the Beard Top Tent at 3.30pm to see The Amber Herd. They were on fire at their BT warm up gig last Friday. For more info and to listen to some tracks, go to www.theamberherd.com

Here's a review of their new EP:

"The Amber Herd are one of the unsung heroes of the local Nottingham live music scene, not given the attention they deserve they continue to offer up their unique alternative music and growing their fan base.

Their latest offering is the five track EP This Town and with its release is evidence of a band is not content to simply sit on its laurels, the EP shows a band intent on pushing themselves more and more and in doing so offers up their best work to date.

The EP opens up with the very catchy, upbeat Bonfires, that much like its name crackles and fizzles throughout with punchy riffs and beats that should make this a hugely popular track.

Leaving Home turns things down a notch, a mellower offering than the opening track it offers lead singer Neil Beards a real chance to show his vocal abilities accompanied by gentle, rhythmic guitar that perfectly complements the vocals without ever threatening to overpower them.

Track three is Catching Time which instantly bounces to life, possibly my favourite track on the EP so far this is the kind of track that gets you bouncing in your seat but can also be enjoyed during a period of downtime.

Days Like These is up next and shows yet more of the talent that this band has to offer with a real up-tempo faster paced feel than the other tracks on the album, here is a track that will get people up on the dance floor and ready to party, heads bopping up and down along to the awesome beat that backs up the high tempo vocals.

The final track on the EP is the seven minute plus stomper that is Magnolia and here is where you realise just how good a band The Amber Herd are. There probably are not many bands who can make a track stretch over seven minutes and still manage to retain the listeners interest throughout but here this band do just that. This is perhaps the best thing The Amber Herd have ever done, and they have done some good stuff. Beautifully played and song the track is almost story like in its flow and rhythm. The wonderfully delivered lyrics are brilliantly broken up by mellow guitar solos, the two blending together seamlessly. Magnolia is a track you HAVE to hear.

All in all This Town EP is a cracking piece of work from a cracking band that opens with a bounce and ends with seven minutes of the best stuff the band have ever done. The Amber Herd are one of the best bands in Nottingham and if this EP is anything to go by they are just going to keep getting better."

Michala will be onsite on Thursday evening to drop Strudders and indieheart off at camp, then returning home. She could upload the info for us from home (she'll be back onsite on Friday)