Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

One thing it would be nice to know - what was the issue on Saturday that led to security preventing drink from being taken from the campsite into the Arena? The security guys seemed pretty laid back about it (i.e. no searching of bags, only if it was on display were we told we couldn't take it in) and by Sunday it seemed to have gone back to how it was. All very strange.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich not LevellerRich are you sure this is the case as it certainly isn't the feedback I received from e festers who say they spoke to you directly and I have no reason not to believe. The answer they say they were given was around the licensing authorities.

Rich not LevellerRich are you sure this is the case as it certainly isn't the feedback I received from e festers who say they spoke to you directly and I have no reason not to believe. The answer they say they were given was around the licensing authorities.

Rich was the first person who informed me about the drink to arena situation not an efest person. I was off site when the signs went up. The Police had raised concerns with the DPS from the bar operator surrounding a situation that happened in the arena. The bar operator had over egged the sitiation I believe and offered stopping the drink into the arena as a solution which the authorities went along with. I brought someone in to contact them and situation was resolved and the signs removed.

Edited by Rich BT

Because what LevellerRich had posted above as quoting you was not what I was told by you and I was waiting to see what your reply would be.

To clarify;

At no point did anyone suggest that it was someone from this forum who had drawn your attention to the no alcohol situation. You did tell me that you had been off site when the signs had gone up...back at your hotel having a shower is what I believe you told me.

In our discussion you told me that the licensing people had witnessed children as young as 8 in the arena drinking alcohol from cans and that they had introduced the 2 can rule and that you were powerless to go against their decision. In addition the Police had told me that any more than 2 cans in a bag and it could be classed as an offensive weapon and that that was another reason for the rule. You agreed that this was the case.

The situation was resolved to everyone satisfaction I believe.

Which is what I stated above. Children as young as 8 - it was a child not children. It was resolved following bringing in assistance to resolve the situation. The Police are brilliant with BT but if I had not been living it up in the Premier Inn it would have been avoided :)

It cant beat my Caravan of 2010 - sky light the works :D Well it was a hole in the roof actually. Premier Inn saw 14 people going in and out of the room over the week having showers - I did want to put a sign on the door saying swingers welcome but I didnt bother in the end.

Edited by Rich BT

• 2 weeks later...

if there's any chance that this is becoming a suggestions type thread, I'd like to share my thoughts...

when I first entered the arena, around 5 ish on friday the dance tent was playing some really nice (dirty) drum and bass. I hoped to hear more over the weekend but only heard techno the assorted times I dropped in over the weekend - was this an unfortunate (for me) coincidence or was the only drum and bass that early set (whilst I was still orientating / buying merchandise :) etc) ?

Other suggestions - I'd always like to see Dreadzone back - as I'm sure many would but what's the likelihood of getting Toots and the Maytals in for a set? would love to see them again - think they'd be wicked in a late slot on the main stage.

if there's any chance that this is becoming a suggestions type thread, I'd like to share my thoughts...

when I first entered the arena, around 5 ish on friday the dance tent was playing some really nice (dirty) drum and bass. I hoped to hear more over the weekend but only heard techno the assorted times I dropped in over the weekend - was this an unfortunate (for me) coincidence or was the only drum and bass that early set (whilst I was still orientating / buying merchandise :) etc) ?

Other suggestions - I'd always like to see Dreadzone back - as I'm sure many would but what's the likelihood of getting Toots and the Maytals in for a set? would love to see them again - think they'd be wicked in a late slot on the main stage.