Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

People not parked by a fire lane got hemmed in by tents - i.e. unable to leave until a clear path opened up on Monday. Probably only a minority affected.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday night so it could have been worse I guess, but I had my airbed, sleeping bag, trolley, rug etc all inside so basically all of my camping gear has gone together with the tent!

I didn't know there were bars open till 4am..The main arena seemed to close around midnight on Friday and Sunday and about 2am on Saturday. The bar with the DJ playing rock and punk closed at 11pm on Friday which was a shame. Perhaps my friend and I were looking in the wrong places!

Really enjoyed the festival, but does anybody know what the problem was with the campervan field. They announced in the beard top that the organisers were sorry for the problems and to compensate campervan tickets would be free next year? We were camped in there and couldn't work out what the problem was.

Sorry to read that someone had their stuff stolen. I thought it was such a friendly festival and didn't think any of that would go on!

Edited by rabid

I thought that the whole thing went off really well. Moving to a new site is a bloody nightmare, but BT handled it very much in their stride. V much enjoyed it from a punters side, v easy to deal with from a performers side ( thanks Rich & Jay ;) ) and v impressed from an organisers side. yep it was cold, but a week earlier and we'd all have had sunburn! It's the joys of British weather. I've been colder at festivals in July. Roll on next May...

We arrived on friday at 11.00 and it took us a good 15 minutes to find somewhere to camp, the tent campsite was pretty full by then. We managed to find an excellent spot just before the CVs, and so was happy, but we saw loads of people wandering around trying to find somewhere to camp, before giving up and camping in the CV field

To me it looked like the campervans were in the wrong field, if you looked at the map, they seemed to be in the "quiet camping" bit (up to the line of trees), which didnt leave enough room for the tents, so a lot camped in the CV field :huh: (thats just my take on it, I could be wrong, I often am :) )

but like I said we managed to get a great spot and loved the weekend :)

We arrived on friday at 11.00 and it took us a good 15 minutes to find somewhere to camp, the tent campsite was pretty full by then. We managed to find an excellent spot just before the CVs, and so was happy, but we saw loads of people wandering around trying to find somewhere to camp, before giving up and camping in the CV field

To me it looked like the campervans were in the wrong field, if you looked at the map, they seemed to be in the "quiet camping" bit (up to the line of trees), which didnt leave enough room for the tents, so a lot camped in the CV field :huh: (thats just my take on it, I could be wrong, I often am :) )

but like I said we managed to get a great spot and loved the weekend :)

Edited by Dr Seuss

Many many thanks to the organisers. We had a fab time, even if we only saw 3 and a half bands :D and it was a tad chilly Friday night/Sat morning. Didn't get to see all festi mates but v much enjoyed catching up with ones we did and hopefully made some new ones (tho probably not if they see us first :rolleyes: !)

Sorry about the thefts tho - would have been gutted if someone had stolen our Rosie.

Next up, OTT - bring on the summer!

On behalf of The Amber Herd, I'd like to thank everyone who came along to our set at The Beard Top on Friday afternoon, and to everyone who bought a CD and said kind things to us. we had a great time -what a fabulous festival.

On behalf of The Amber Herd, I'd like to thank everyone who came along to our set at The Beard Top on Friday afternoon, and to everyone who bought a CD and said kind things to us. we had a great time -what a fabulous festival.

We thought you did a great set, and I may have mentioned before that I love "foot tapper" ;)

Loved the TV aerial, made a great sound :D

BTW one of the band bet my lad he couldnt get a kiss off Laila K

2cwvpjl.jpg

you owe him a pint :P

What a great festival, our second BT and we'll be back again next year. Loved the new venue, (although the old seemed to work well too!), the sheep and lambs and comedy signs greeting our arrival put smiles on our faces that were fixed there for the next few days! Everything seems to work well at this fest - even little problems are quickly sorted, such as the arrival of bowsers when "mains" water was lost in the campsites, and a smooth easy arrival and departure are appreciated too. And again a great line up - I really can't work out how the organisers achieve everything they do (site, staging, facilities - with 3 kids in tow, clean & stocked loos are essential and BT beat everyone else on this point - security, top notch line up) from the ticket prices - this isn't a suggestion that they should hike them up though!

One thing it would be nice to know - what was the issue on Saturday that led to security preventing drink from being taken from the campsite into the Arena? The security guys seemed pretty laid back about it (i.e. no searching of bags, only if it was on display were we told we couldn't take it in) and by Sunday it seemed to have gone back to how it was. All very strange.

Anyway, many thanks to the organisers and fellow revellers for a top start to the season. See you all in another field soon...