Comic Books

Wooderson

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been announced they are making a squeal to Watchmen with no Alan Moore.

Won't make me squeal - and sure to be crap without Moore's involvement - can they even do that make sequals to books without the writer's permission? If so I think i should make Harry Potter - bound to be come money in that!

Won't make me squeal - and sure to be crap without Moore's involvement - can they even do that make sequals to books without the writer's permission? If so I think i should make Harry Potter - bound to be come money in that!

The copyright is owned DC, when Moore wrote it the contract said DC would own it as long as it's published and they said under the table they will stop publishing after a year or so then the rights will go to him but every now and then they release a new version to renew the contract and it's one the reasons he hates DC now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.guardian....sandman-prequel

Fuck yes.

Best. News. Ever.

Really? But he announced yesterday that JH Williams III is doing the art (very DC looking then) - so I'll get confused and think it's written by Alan Moore!

“When I finished writing THE SANDMAN, there was one tale still untold. The story of what had happened to Morpheus to allow him to be so easily captured in THE SANDMAN #1, and why he was returned from far away, exhausted beyond imagining, and dressed for war. It was a story that we discussed telling for SANDMAN’s 20th anniversary… but the time got away from us. And now, with SANDMAN’s 25th anniversary year coming up, I’m delighted, and nervous, that that story is finally going to be told,” said Gaiman.

DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio added, “As accomplished as Neil Gaiman is in other media—whether it be novels, film and even music—he still has an incredible passion and love for comics. It’s exciting to have him back. J.H. Williams will be the perfect complement to Neil’s writing. He has a history of creating art that pushes the boundaries of the medium.”

More here:

Really? But he announced yesterday that JH Williams III is doing the art (very DC looking then) - so I'll get confused and think it's written by Alan Moore!

More here:

Well throughout the original run he managed to write to the strengths and styles of different artists, so I have no doubt he'll be able to again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found my issue five of Spiderman, and the first 15 issues of Star Heroes featuring Battlestar Gallactica (and later to become X-Men) basically all of these issues http://britishcomics...iki/Star_Heroes) in my dad's loft at the weekend - is it worth anything?

Edited by 5co77ie

I found my issue five of Spiderman, and the first 15 issues of Star Heroes featuring Battlestar Gallactica (and later to become X-Men) basically all of these issues http://britishcomics...iki/Star_Heroes) in my dad's loft at the weekend - is it worth anything?

Depends on the condition most of the time and below is a buyers guide to show how much comics are worth but it's in dollars though.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

waste of time that - I registered - neither Star Heroes nor Spiderman #5 is listed.

You could try going to nearest comic book shop and asking. Star Heroes wouldn't be worth too much due to it being UK and the market is smaller here I think and Spider-Man 5 would depend on if it's a UK re-print or an US import.

It's a US reprint I bought when I lived in the Pacific - there's a whole box of US Imports I bought in the Taiwanese shop as a kid, but I've not looked through them all yet.

Plus lots of UK stuff like all the Blue Peter Annuals until 1987, Jackie Annuals (I think they may be my sisters), Pippin and Playland comics, Barnaby The Bear comics, Pippin Annuals, the Babar Annual and the Parsley Annual, a Swap Shop annual, Eagle Annual #1 to #3, loads of PlayWays Annuals, and loads more

Read Sweettooth Volume 5 yesterday. I love this series, keeps on adding a slight layer of intrigue while revealing others. It's really compelling storytelling, a fantastic mix of real horror balanced against sweet, engaging characters with perfectly timed twists. Already desperate for the next volume.

I've got every copy of 'Match' magazine from 96-98 is it worth anything? laugh.png

Some of my best work in football mags was in those years! Football memorabilia is worth money 50 years down the line - if it's mint. Look at the demand for Charles Buchan's Football Monthly - check this site: http://www.soccerbilia.co.uk/

Edited to add: Bloody hell one of the mags I did (Striker) is on there at £3.95 an issue - I had everyone of them until I moved house, plus masses of SuperReds, Liverpool Monthlies and the like

Edited by 5co77ie