First time at Glasto...

Guest JulesyBoy

Bruv has been tryin' to get me there for years. Went for it this time & regret it, I do not! It was totally BEAR & wish I was still there. If you've been puttin' it off for eons, make the leap in 2011. Even the loos were tolerable & kept regularly maintained.

Logistical highlights for me in no particular order:

Gettin' in & out of the car parks was remarkably stress free & quick.

Weather.

You feel safe- plenty of site staff, police, information points. Seemed really well organised.

Bruv got A1 pitch on the Tuesday.

Festival highlights:

1- Arcadia/Pet Shop Boys.

2- The rest of it!

Atmosphere was buzzin'. Views of Glasto from the hills by day & especially by night bought a lump to the throat!

It's gotta be top value for your spondooleys...where else can you see so many live acts, not feel guilty about takin' in as much of ya own booze & food as ya want, then rave it up until 5am without a load of bouncers tryin' to calm things down for 4 days.

Regrets- Wantin' for the Glasto experience since returning home & didn't make enough Glasto friends so joined up here to fill the next 12 month gap!

Any other Glasto virgins feel the same?

Ta.

JulesBoy.

Bruv has been tryin' to get me there for years. Went for it this time & regret it, I do not! It was totally BEAR & wish I was still there. If you've been puttin' it off for eons, make the leap in 2011. Even the loos were tolerable & kept regularly maintained.

Weather.

You feel safe- plenty of site staff, police, information points. Seemed really well organised.

Festival highlights:

2- The rest of it!

Atmosphere was buzzin'. Views of Glasto from the hills by day & especially by night bought a lump to the throat!

It's gotta be top value for your spondooleys...where else can you see so many live acts, not feel guilty about takin' in as much of ya own booze & food as ya want, then rave it up until 5am without a load of bouncers tryin' to calm things down for 4 days.

Regrets- Wantin' for the Glasto experience since returning home & didn't make enough Glasto friends so joined up here to fill the next 12 month gap!

Ta.

JulesBoy.

for BEAR read BIG UP, GREAT, FANTASTIC, OVERWHELMING, BANGIN', KICKIN', MASSIVE & so on!

One more term we used frequently throughout the long hot days was 'Slack Bladder' (pronounced- Slack Bladder!). Naturally this refers to the floppy full bag of vino extracted from its box making it extremely portable & long lasting. It can even be pushed into a large pocket or used as a hat.

Chattastic!

JulesyBoy

for BEAR read BIG UP, GREAT, FANTASTIC, OVERWHELMING, BANGIN', KICKIN', MASSIVE & so on!

One more term we used frequently throughout the long hot days was 'Slack Bladder' (pronounced- Slack Bladder!). Naturally this refers to the floppy full bag of vino extracted from its box making it extremely portable & long lasting. It can even be pushed into a large pocket or used as a hat.

Chattastic!

JulesyBoy

it was my first time to, I was blown away, for me the reason not going sooner was the crowds thought it would be pushing and shoving, how wrong I was, I even moaned when other half wanted to go up hitchen hill, but it was beautiful up there, I have been on such a downer since I came home dont know whether am missing it already or kicking myself for not going years and years ago

Ahhhh, great stuff. I'm the "bruv" in question by the way B) .

Still can't believe I managed to persuade you to go, its only taken about 20 years! JulesyBoy (although a bit of a raver!) has never been to a festival before let alone Glasto, so thrown in at the deep end is an understatement to say the least. But you coped with it all like a pro, even the cider and slack bladders!

Oh well, well done JulesyBoy and same place same time next year bruv :D

it was my first time to, I was blown away, for me the reason not going sooner was the crowds thought it would be pushing and shoving, how wrong I was, I even moaned when other half wanted to go up hitchen hill, but it was beautiful up there, I have been on such a downer since I came home dont know whether am missing it already or kicking myself for not going years and years ago

BARE as in BARE GOOD OR BARE JOKES MATE. THAT WAS f**kIN BAAAARRREE!

Chattastic!

JulesyBoy

Weather.

Festival highlights:

2- The rest of it!

Ta.

JulesBoy.

First time at age of 53 years wanted to go since the 80's circumstances prevented me.

I was to join the but unfortunately due to various issues that did not happen

I found I could only pitch close to the Dairy Ground and I was a little down hearted.

This period did not last long my neighbours were great and made me feel like one of the lads in fact everyone I met were friendly and as for Glastonbury itself I often walked about in absolute amazement at the many delights of often random things of fun that brought a smile it was perfect. I was in some sort of bubble for 5 glorious days and did not want to leave. Cannot wait for next year this time I will try and meet my fellow efest people.

Dave

Edited by davetherave2

Do I need counselling?

It's Friday evening & all I can think of is my first night in Glasto a week ago absorbing the spectacle of it all. I'm also gutted that I didn't set up the TV recorder to capture the memories on the Beeb.

Was anyone in Arcadia late Friday night? It was tonk.