Download 2011

Guest Lithium05

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interview with the organiser of the Isle of Wight festival. Seems like the Foos aren't going to be at Download or Glastonbury.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/iow/2011/interview-giddings.shtml

"How long have you had the headliners booked for?

Probably for about a month, earlier than usual, with the Foo's and Kings Of Leon we've got an exclusive festival appearance from each of them, they're also doing their own shows, and not doing any other English festivals, they might do a Scottish or Irish festival, and Kasabian is an exclusive UK appearance, because they'll probably do some dates of their own later in the year, but they wanted to do something to launch the campaign. They'd been to the Isle Of Wight before and liked it. I'm good friends with them I put them on some shows with U2 throughout Europe, and it just seemed the natural thing to do. I wanted someone that was going to close the show with a bang."

Edited by eonerf

Interview with the organiser of the Isle of Wight festival. Seems like the Foos aren't going to be at Download or Glastonbury.

Probably for about a month, earlier than usual, with the Foo's and Kings Of Leon we've got an exclusive festival appearance from each of them, they're also doing their own shows, and not doing any other English festivals, they might do a Scottish or Irish festival, and Kasabian is an exclusive UK appearance, because they'll probably do some dates of their own later in the year, but they wanted to do something to launch the campaign. They'd been to the Isle Of Wight before and liked it. I'm good friends with them I put them on some shows with U2 throughout Europe, and it just seemed the natural thing to do. I wanted someone that was going to close the show with a bang."

Edited by Lithium05

Foo's are out, Jovi are out. Headliners are looking likely to be System of a Down, Ozzy & 1 other out of Van Halen, MCR, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden & Green Day. AC stated he didn't want repeat bookings for headliners. I think SOAD will be an exception to the rule & I can't see MCR after the reaction they got last time. Blink 182 have announced an arena tour so they're out of the running (thanks god!). AC confirmed that Pearl Jam were asked to headline just after HRC & nothing's been mentioned since.

Other acts I reckon will be there in decent spots are Judas Priest, A7X, Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Alter Bridge, Weezer, Machine Head & Anthrax.

...interesting. Who are the remaining candidates for the third headliner then, assuming Ozzy Osbourne and System Of A Down are the other two?

Blink 182 may be in the picture despite their arena tour the following month. Paramore and My Chemical Romance would be controversial choices, but can't be ruled out. Linkin Park are possible, although it would be the third time they've headlined (which would be a first for the festival) and seems unnecessary at this stage (this will only be the ninth year of Download, and there are plenty of other potential headliners out there that haven't played before). Rammstein could play, although they may be considered 'last years news' after headlining Sonisphere. Soundgarden are a possibility, but some say they aren't big enough. Nickelback, Green Day, Pearl Jam and Muse could all fill the slot too, although there's nothing much to suggest that any of them are particularly likely.

Andy Copping was tweeting a lot about Nickelback but I'm not sure if they'd headline? He confirmed Pearl Jam had been asked which is much more of a hint than any of the others.

Blink's arena tour takes them out of the running IMO, plus they'd be a terrible, terrible booking for Download.

a friend of mine, told me her mate ( who works for download) told her that bon jovi has been asked to play the sunday

They're booked.

Playing in Germany on the Sunday, check their website

So MCR are announcing a European tour next Monday.

;)

100% no show for Van Halen next year

Interview on Rock radio website with Van Halen and no plans at all for new cd or tour in 2011

So NO

Van Halen

Pearl Jam

S.O.A.D

But still good chance of

Soundgarden for Friday

Maiden for Saturday

Ozzy for sunday

All have free dates and are in Europe at this time

100% no show for Van Halen next year

Interview on Rock radio website with Van Halen and no plans at all for new cd or tour in 2011

So NO

Van Halen

Pearl Jam

S.O.A.D

But still good chance of

Soundgarden for Friday

Maiden for Saturday

Ozzy for sunday

All have free dates and are in Europe at this time