Football 2010-2011

Guest eFestivals

Blimey....

Bristol City gripped by speculation Michael Owen will join Robins on loan

I'd be quite surprised if this happened. My take on things is that Owen hasn't been that fussed if he kept on playing or not for a few years now, so while the chance to play for Utd was appealing, I'm not sure he'd be bothered to play a lower level.

But if it happens, Bristol will go nuts. The place already has huge grins over signing James.

I can't find it on Sky Sports website, but I've just read some comments about this on TV Sky text by Coppel.

He said he's made enquiries about Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi and has yet to hear from them, but that Owen refused to get into his helicopter and fly south. :lol::lol:

I wish more managers had a sense of humour!

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

I'm confused by all of this.

A few days ago the story was that a consortium led by Kenny Huang had made a bid. Yesterday I read a story that stated Kenny Huang had said he'd made no bid. I also saw Keith Harris (but no Orvil :P) on Sky saying that Kenny Huang's interest wasn't close in financial terms to other firm bids already on the table, and so the club wasn't be likely to be sold to Kenny Huang.

So while this Guardian story might be right about this Chinese govt fund being a front runner, I'm not sure that they're not confusing two different things and mixing them together.

why would you get a has been bencher on your shirt, when you could get rooney or someone who would make a difference.

in fact, if you're over the age of 12, why would you get any name on your shirt :P (international is a different thing though :D )

If it wasn't for the World Cup bid that (Plymouth aside) only benefits clubs who are already raping and pillaging our game, HMRC wouldn't have needed to go down the route of trying to decapitate a club. They could have instead taken the more direct route of sueing the Football Association for allowing the taxman to be a secondary creditor, when they are the only creditors who have no choice over whether to do business.

The good bit (Portsmouth surviving) doesn't compensate for the fact that people like Ken Bates can "allegedly" continue to steal food out of the mouths of small trader's children and screw British taxpayers over whilst ensuring that millionaires get every penny that they're due.

Or non libellous words to that effect.

Edited by beLIEveR

I think putting the word "allegedly" in there somewhere pretty much covers it. You can say what you like then.

Nah, there's no "allegedly" needed when talking about Bates.

The man is a straightforwards crook, even if it's yet to be proven. It will be proven, sooner or later - tho probably only once he's dead.

Bates had a dispute with former club, Chelsea, having accused them of "tapping-up" three Leeds youth players, accusations denied by Chelsea. Chelsea in turn reported Bates to the FA for his comment that the current Chelsea directors are "a bunch of shysters from Siberia", an alleged anti-semitic remark about Abramovich, something denied by Bates. Upon hearing that Chelsea had reported him, Bates said "I haven’t laughed so much since Ma caught her tits in the mangle."

I cant understand that. Any keeper worth his salt won't want to be back up every week to Reina so would the keepers they target be any better than what they have?

Liverpool probably need to spend money in areas a lot more vital than sub goalie

I'm pretty sure (tho guessing) they're merely trying to fill the 3rd goalie slot - I don't think they're looking to buy someone who's likely to actually play.

I've just remembered who I read their new target us - the Reading goalie, Federici or something.

I'm pretty sure (tho guessing) they're merely trying to fill the 3rd goalie slot - I don't think they're looking to buy someone who's likely to actually play.

I've just remembered who I read their new target us - the Reading goalie, Federici or something.

yup. i know he's scored in both games, but that ngog is a turkey!

Yup.

I watched most of the game last night, and while it's hard to get a handle on how they might perform this year from that because the opposition were so weak and it was far from a full-strength Liverpool team, I reckon there were some decent positives.

The new winger looked good, Cole looked keen (tho short of match fitness, as did others), and even the likes of Lucas looked a far better player than he ever looked under Rafa (aside from a couple of occasions) ... it seems pretty clear that him and others were being used in the wrong way to get the best out of them in the past, so there's plenty of scope for improvement from existing players if Woy is shrewd.

While I'm not so foolish as to predict great things from them this season, I'll be surprised if they're as far off the top on a points basis this year as they were last year.

see that i don't get. you're one of the biggest clubs in the world and you're going out to buy a 3rd choice gk. whatever happened to youth setups?

isn't it merely that the top clubs prefer to have experienced goalies? I doubt there's many clubs at the top end of the Prem who have a never-played kid as their 3rd choice.

yeah seen that about Federici on the ever reliable BBC gossip. Would think though at the age Schwarzer is then Federici would be wanting to play and challenge him for the Australia first team?

I guess that's one way of looking at it, but I'd also think that being at a much bigger club would put him in the running no less.

I think from the past month the mood at anfield would have been lifted with Torres and Gerrard committing future, Cole coming in, Rafa getting to f*ck etc and I think they will be genuine challengers for the title along with City (depending on how mancini handles the squad).

Suppose the big question mark hangs over the takeover. If it doesnt go ahead within next week or so will Torres change his mind? He needs back up and not N'gog back up

not too up on my reserve goalies but man utd had foster from youth did they not? dunno about the rest but maybe you're right. just seems ludicrous that you'd have an experienced goalie moving from regular first team football for a decent team, to sitting on the bench for seasons.

not too up on my reserve goalies but man utd had foster from youth did they not? dunno about the rest but maybe you're right. just seems ludicrous that you'd have an experienced goalie moving from regular first team football for a decent team, to sitting on the bench for seasons.

Edited by jump