Glasto Holiday

Guest LEDZEP66

I have more time off than ever before this June.

I've got a half day on June 11th to enjoy the opening ceremony and first game of the World Cup.

Then I'm off from Thursday 17th June - plenty of footy to watch inbetween Glastobation sessions. Then I'm off on the Monday and Tuesday after the festival.

I'm normally at work until the day before we leave, so having nearly a week before will be amazing. And - most importantly - I'll get to spend some time with my little boy who I'm really going to miss when I'm at Glastonbury.

Two whole weeks - I can't wait. Well, actually I can because today is my last day before I'm off to St Ives for a week.

Happy times. :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are leaving newcastle early morning on the Tuesday, travelling down to stop in a bed and breakfast in Evercreech, off to Longleat on the Tues day time then back to b + B (its in a pub) for some nice food washed down with some local cider, then off to bed for a nice kip, lovely shower in the morning then join the madness, I can't wait :P

Leaving Huddersfield Tuesday morning to allow plenty of time for driving down. Staying the night in a B&B about a mile from the site! Heading back early Monday morning to avoid the traffic in the car-park. First time this year (been the last two) that one of us hasn't been working on the Tuesday!

Mine dont start till the kids are dropped at school on Wednesday morning and then we drive to Glasto, back on Monday morning to pick the kids up from school in the afternoon. Not long enough really would like to have come down on Tuesday

Starts on the Wednesday, was hoping to get the Tuesday off but my colleague has booked two weeks off for the World Cup so I can't. Hope that my bosses don't ask me to change my holiday because of the clash! I booked the time off before Christmas, super organised! It finishes the Tuesday after Glasto and I'm back to work on the Wednesday (hopefully half recovered!)

We leave home (Edinburgh) on sunday the 20th drive down to the cotswolds and have a relaxing few days before heading to glasto Wednesday morning...on leaving we drive back to the cotswolds and stay there for another 3 days then back to Scotland...LOVELY!

Finish @ lunchtime Monday......campervan arrives in afternoon. Packing monday night/ Tuesday morning and then set off @ lunctime Tuesday. Not back at work until Weds as Tuesday will be an offcial catch up with all that missing sleep day. :P

I finish work on the thursday before - travel up to Edinburgh on the Friday to complete the 3 Peaks Challenge for charity - oops :P - back home from the challenge on the Sunday night and recover at home until Tuesday avo when I head to Frome for an overnight stay - get to the gates early on Wednesday morning!

So excited! - although I hope I can walk/dance/hover over that portaloo seat by then!! :P

Travelling up to Mablethorpe on the Saturday before to take our daughter to her Grandparents. Travel back to St Albans on Monday afternoon, then head down to Portihead to stop with friends on the Tuesday afternoon before aiming to get to site at 8am on Wednesday morning :P