What time are people arriving on Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning ?

Guest moosylucy

We want to camp in kidney mead this year as usually end up by other stage or dairy ground ... Just wondering if, come gate opening time there will be a stampede of people who have been waiting in car parks all night !

We've been asking ourselves the same question..... normally arrive Wednesday early afternoon and last year we couldn't camp where we wanted. This year we are staying in Bath on the Tuesday night so we can be there early Wednesday morning. Planning on getting to the car park for 7am and therefore the gates for 8am opening. I suspect though everyone will be doing exactly the same and all that will happen is I will be stuck in a massive queue at the gates for hours and still not get where I want!

Have been wondering the same,

Am camping near to the site for a few days before, so was planning to get up faitry leisurley and aim to get there late wed morning. Plan being just miss the first in queues and get here before all the travelled a long way queues.

Probobaly be too excited by then though and have tent packed and ready to go by sunrise!

we're leaving after my brother finishes work on the tuesday (we then have to pack his car, but we may do this in advance, so we could leave anytime between 6-8pm, its around a 3 hour drive so we'll be parked up and ready to get in the gates early on....

Leaving to Drive down from Liverpool about 9pm on the tuesday night, probably get there about 1-2 am, few cans (try to) kip in the car then join what will be i imagine a horrendous que to get into the site. Hopefull the stewards will see sense and will be swift in getting people onto site.

From TOS - It will NOT be possible to go from the car parks to the campervan fields to stay with friends on the Tuesday night. Access into the car parks will be with car park/Festival tickets and into the campervan fields will be with campervan/festival tickets only.

I'm very curious as to how the whole thing will be organised, where the bottle necks will be etc.

Edited by whisty

From TOS - It will NOT be possible to go from the car parks to the campervan fields to stay with friends on the Tuesday night. Access into the car parks will be with car park/Festival tickets and into the campervan fields will be with campervan/festival tickets only.

Does anyone know if there are toilets or food facilities in the Car Parks to cater for the people arriving over night?

There's no food. There will, I guess, be toilets as there is normally in the car parks.

The rule is that people are required to stay in their cars (tho of course I'm sure they'll be more than reasonable about people needing the loo).

It's not a party field, so don't arrive thinking that's what'll be happening.

Leaving Preston about half 4am, should be around glasto for 9ish - parked/ camped by 12ish. Long as it's not 16 hours like last year i'm happy just trying to beat that.

If something happens on the motorway this year i'm staying on it and not trying to be clever navigating through the smaller roads.

Me and my mates travelled down from Stoke last year at 3 on Wednesday morning. We didnt arrive on site till 11 hours later.

This Year we shall be driving down to my mums in Taunton (10 miles from the festival) on the Tuesday and trying to set off at about 6 in the morning on Wednesday. Hopefully this should get us on site nice and early.

We camp in Glastonbury on the Tuesday night, and for the last few years have got the shuttle bus onto the site which has arrived at about 12-1pm. This year we're driving, so I think we're setting off at about 7-8am and hopefully beat most of the queues. Then can sleeep off the tiredness in front of brothers bar!