2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Kasabian are a band that make me think, "meeeeeyyyhmmmmmmnnnnnoooooyeeeeaaaahmaaaayyybeeeeyyeeeeahhhh they're a bit.... mmmmmmnyeeeeahhh..."

What I don't like about Kasabian the most is how the NME or Radio 1 look to them as the saviours of modern music when otherwise the rest of the musical world is mundane as hell, then thrusts them in front of me and waves them around like a severed head telling me that I should notice them or face the risk of being uncool. It makes me resent them. It's like how - if somebody corners you in the shopping centre and asks you to sign up to LoveFilm.com - just f**k off.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The whole 20 years Nirvana thing" is completely irrelevant. Why would they want Dave Grohl there for that? Most of the people going to Leeds and Reading aren't even 20 years old let alone there to really give a shit about the impact Nirvana made back when they were the only band that mattered so why should they celebrate it?

Besides which, I'd rather have my CD's, YouTube performances, bootlegs and own early memories of Nirvana than take a gimmicky Dave Grohl cover of a Kurt Cobain song. Foo Fighters are established enough with their own songs to ignore such stupid requests.

I understood that, I just don't understand the importance or relevance of some bullshit 20th anniversary and why it's essential that Dave Grohl be there for it. By that logic we'd have the No WTO Combo as sub-headliners - which would actually be cool.

Judge the bands based on their own merit rather than the importance of some disingenuous anniversary that nobody gives a shit about anyway, least of all Dave Grohl.

Friday:

Main Stage:

The Strokes

Pixies

Editors

The Dead Weather

White Lies

NME Tent:

The Courteeners

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Foals

Lock-Up:

Rancid

FR Tent:

Seasick Steve

Saturday:

Main Stage:

Linkin Park

The Beastie Boys

Vampire Weekend

MGMT

The Drums

NME Tent:

Groove Armada

Magnetic Man

You Me At Six

Lock-Up:

Bowling For Soup

FR Tent:

The Hold Steady

Sunday:

Main Stage:

Bon Jovi

Van Halen

The Offspring

Warpaint

Jimmy Eat World

NME Tent:

Feeder

Gallows

The Gaslight Anthem

Dance Tent:

Hadouken

FR Tent:

Frank Turner

Fri (Lee) Sat (Rea)

The Strokes

Pendulum

Editors

Feeder

Mumford and Sons

Foals

Good Charlotte

The Decemberists

The Bravery

Blood Red Shoes

Radio 1 Tent

Glasvegas

The Temper Trap

Chase and Status

Sat (Lee) Sun (Rea)

Linkin Park

My Chemical Romance

Vampire Weekend

The Enemy

MGMT

The Drums

Taking Back Sunday

The Blackout

Hollywood Undead

Yellowcard

Radio 1 Tent

Florence and the Machine

The Courteeners

Bombay Bicycle Club

Sun (Lee) Fri (Rea)

Iron Maiden

Beastie Boys

30 Seconds to Mars

Bullet For My Valentine

Sum 41

Less Than Jake

Kids in Glass Houses

Atreyu

Zebrahead

Radio 1 Tent

The XX

Friendly Fires

The Mars Volta

Marina and the Diamonds

First line-up:

Groove Armada don't play live anymore, Foals would never play below BBC, I really can't see Beastie Boys subbing, that placing of Warpaint is massively out of genre and can't see Seasick or Hold Steady playing that low.

Second line-up:

Can't see Good Charlotte playing that low, or in that line-up, The Enemy, MGMT and The Drums seem massively out of place on the main stage in that line-up, can't see Iron headlining, Beastie's subbing or XX headlining NME.