2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg no Marina and the Diamonds yet you have Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machines :/

Foo Fighters would be amazing but i doubt they will be headlining but you never know (yn)

Would be nice to see some of these at Leeds 2011; The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Prodigy, Queens of the Stone Age, Pendulum, The Verve and Yeah Yeah Yeahs (y)

Edited by Eloiseee

Omg no Marina and the Diamonds yet you have Mumford and Sons and Florence and the Machines :/

Foo Fighters would be amazing but i doubt they will be headlining but you never know (yn)

Would be nice to see some of these at Leeds 2011; The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Prodigy, Queens of the Stone Age, Pendulum, The Verve and Yeah Yeah Yeahs (y)

:lol:

Ahhhh typical Daily Mail taking everything out of context. MCR don't wish for their fans to kill themselves - they just make ordinary folk with taste wish they were dead.

I remember going to a club in Nottingham and these kids wearing MCR hoodies were trying to get in and thought they'd stand better chances if they mingled amongst me and my friends, and my old bass player (an ardant fan of Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum and other forms of terribly serious Scandinavian Metal) told them to f**k off. One of the kids threatened to kick the shit out of him; my mate turned around and said, "what are you going to do - write self-loathing abuse on your arm and show it to me on your webcam?". The poor emo child promptly f**ked off.

That, to me, is an MCR fan.

Fantastic anecdote, i'm sure it happened exactly like that, your friend must be hard as nails :rolleyes:

Or...here's a thought, listen to the music, if you'd listened to the new album you'd discover it's a massive departure from the black parade. Now that's a whacky idea, judging the music rather than what clothes they or their fans wear.

How self righteous can one person be, seriously.

How about Rammstein for R&L?

I remember being treated like royalty whenever I brought seemingly the only copy of the 'Du Hast' single in the whole world into the Metal club I used to go to. Fond memories of going to see that band the second time they ever came to Britain at the Astoria in 2001. Awesome live band.

Edited by jump

Would love Rammstein to play (easily in my top 5 fave live bands :) ) but doubt they will play. They don't seem to be fans on UK festivals as Download was after them for years and they kept saying no and they only played Soni last year as when they signed to play all the Euro Soni festivals the UK one was apart of that contract. If they were to play another UK festival Download would easily get them over R&L due to previous attempts and a guaranteed headline spot which is about 50/50 if they could get one at R&L and that id they want to play over here at all.

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog

I suppose with Download you could guarantee a good turnout of Metal fans whereas R&L you'd get a mixed bag of all sorts. Bigger audience for their type of music than there is at R&L... but f**k they'd be good. I've had arguments on here in the past with 'Metal fans' about the value of that sort of music at somewhere like R&L but Rammstein are definitely a band I'd love to see again.

Why don't you think they're fans of British festivals then? Health and safety concerns?