New announcement 7th april!

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stunned by pendulum, nobody was rumouring that at all

i think most were convinced it was manowar or faith no more.

Which of these is the band they said nobody thought would ever play together again? (remember that that Thrash hits said)

I think Skunk Anansie are on the main stage.

Just checked the sonisphere facebook and they're getting a roasting.

To be honest rock/metal fans in general are pissing me off this year, they're whining far far more than any other festival. Full blown toys out of the pram situation.

Seems most agree that pendulum shouldnt be special guests...especially to Maiden. But then that comes with the fact people convincedn themselves it would be someone like faith no more, metallica, manowar or soundharden.

but the general consensus seems to be the announcement is ok due to the other bands.

It doesnt look like a bad festival - just obviously not what some misunderstood teens wanted.

Ok, I know everyone (me included) have been mostly dissapointed with the last few announcents/lack of...

But have another look at the line-up

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Alice Cooper

Placebo

Motley Crue

Slayer

Anthrax

Fear Factory

Papa Roach

Bring me the horizon

The Cult

Iggy plop

Rollins (Spoken Word)

Funeral for a friend

Gallows

Madina Lake

Fightstar

Skunk anansie

Apocolyptica

Family force5

Alice in Chains

Europe (the final countdown!)

Dir en grey

Lacuna coil

Renegades

Sick of it all

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal waste

Pendulum

That to me is still a pretty damn good festival with 10-15 bands that I'd pay good money to see. And in my opinion still better than Download. I know there's been some odd additions, none more so than pendulum where they are on the bill but lets look at the bigger picture.

Ok, I know everyone (me included) have been mostly dissapointed with the last few announcents/lack of...

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Alice Cooper

Placebo

Motley Crue

Slayer

Anthrax

Fear Factory

Papa Roach

Bring me the horizon

The Cult

Iggy plop

Rollins (Spoken Word)

Funeral for a friend

Gallows

Madina Lake

Fightstar

Skunk anansie

Apocolyptica

Family force5

Alice in Chains

Dir en grey

Lacuna coil

Renegades

Sick of it all

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal waste

Pendulum

That to me is still a pretty damn good festival with 10-15 bands that I'd pay good money to see. And in my opinion still better than Download. I know there's been some odd additions, none more so than pendulum where they are on the bill but lets look at the bigger picture.

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Alice Cooper

Placebo

Motley Crue

Slayer

Anthrax

Fear Factory

Papa Roach

Bring me the horizon

The Cult

Iggy plop

Rollins (Spoken Word)

Funeral for a friend

Gallows

Madina Lake

Fightstar

Skunk anansie

Apocolyptica

Family force5

Alice in Chains

Dir en grey

Lacuna coil

Renegades

Sick of it all

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal waste

Pendulum

That's where it comes down to opinion.

I'd pay to see Iron Maiden,Rammstein,Alice Cooper,Placebo,Motley Crue,Slayer,Anthrax,Fear Factory,Alice in Chains,Dir en grey,Sick of it all and Municipal waste.

I generally work it out at say £20 a band and thats mimimum with what you pay for gig tickets these days, so X that by 12 and I come out with £240. So in my estimation £130/£150 is pretty good value for money.

And add to that the experience/laughs/mates/general drunken festival times which are priceless as you'll know if you've been to many festivals.

Im certainly not complaining but as I said at the start, its a matter of opinion.

well f**k my old boots, Sonisphere in massive fail shocker!

FNM or similar would have secured a visit from me. Pendulum can lick my balls. Their music is like tying a car alarm on the end of a rope and swinging it round your head for 6 minutes.

placebo are great, I've seen them live about 9 times, and the last time I saw them (dec) was the best, but its not their crowd TBH, I remember them playing TBDO with Metallica at MK years ago, and Molko saying something about 60,000 victims of fashion, which was quite funny.

as I said - placebo, rammstein, AiC, slayer, anthrax, cult, terrorvision and therapy isnt enough to make me buy a ticket I'm afraid. FNM would have changed that for me, but as it stands I'm sticking with DL only this year.

You are kidding, right? Placebo just finished a sold out arena tour at the end of last year, and are one of the biggest alt rock bands in Britian. Pendulum are quite possiblily one of the most popular bands, especially seeing as they cross so many different people (from metal heads, to indie kids, to dance music fans etc,..).

I would have preferred FNM myself, but theres no denying Pendulum are big enough for this, remember they are playing 3rd from last being the Special guests so that's exactly the same as they played at Download last year, and they are just about to have a massive album release too.

The rest of the bands are bloody good too, Therapy?, Evile, Europe, Lacuna Coil, Municipal Waste...all solid additions. Much better than the last announcement imo

That's where it comes down to opinion.

I'd pay to see Iron Maiden,Rammstein,Alice Cooper,Placebo,Motley Crue,Slayer,Anthrax,Fear Factory,Alice in Chains,Dir en grey,Sick of it all and Municipal waste.

I generally work it out at say £20 a band and thats mimimum with what you pay for gig tickets these days, so X that by 12 and I come out with £240. So in my estimation £130/£150 is pretty good value for money.

And add to that the experience/laughs/mates/general drunken festival times which are priceless as you'll know if you've been to many festivals.

Im certainly not complaining but as I said at the start, its a matter of opinion.

Placebo are always the bridesmaid and never the bride and are a third on the bill at best, pushed up to second if you can't find anyone else to fill. And Pendulum are in a similar place to where they are at reading (headlining second stage or supporting the headliner.)

I guess I expected the 2 main support acts to be bigger as the festival, when it was conceived, was touted as having a more potent line up to compensate for the lack of a third full day.

Kipper, chaz and dave could be in that slot and you would still argue it would be a great addition! I admire your conviction. I just feel that placebo and pend are a step down from the calibre we had last year in Heaven and Hell and NIN.

The latest announcement would have been really good if it had been someone decent as Speical Guests.

If Faith No More had been announced instead of Pendulum then not many people would be moaning.

As it stands it is a massive letdown and I do not see how they expect Pendulum to shift tickets? They have just been on tour (and will no doubt being doing another one with a new album?) they are playing over here at Reading and Leeds and supporting Prodigy.

Pendulum should be 3rd or 4th on the bill at best :P