New announcement 7th april!

Guest luckysalt

I didn't say you were a fanboy, I was merely commenting on your dedication to defending the cause, which while admirable, I'm sure a lot of people will agree goes above and beyond simply 'liking the bands which are playing' :P

You simply won't have a bad word said about Sonisphere. :P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can dress it up all you want, but pendulum are not big enough to be in that slot. I dont understand what sonisphere wants to be anymore i thought it was looking down at download for having pendulum 3rd down on main last yr, and thats at a full 3day festival, soni have moved them up at a 2 and a 1/4 day fest and labelled them special when they arent. They play everywhere!

Or a fan of the band? Say all you want, but Pendulum are one of the biggest bands about at the moment, and only stand to become bigger once their new album hits, maybe we should wait till after the set before deciding if it was a worthwhile move, alot of people complained about H&H being a sub headliner last year, and for many they turned out to be one of the best at the festival.

Someone like Soundgarden were unlikely (especially not headlining), and KISS or SOAD were silly suggestions, Faith No More seemed plausible, but at the end of the day that didnt pan out. I'm not saying I'd book Pendulum as the subs myself, but they aren't an awful choice and I'll definitely see them/look forward to their set.

Also sonisphere didn't look down their nose at Download for booking pendulum, hell they even booked prodigy and pendulum (I think!) on some of the EU shows last year.

And Special guests was just a place holder, they used it last year for any free spot on the line up including stage openers, its a meaningless moniker, people should know that by now.

I agree with whats being said about pendulum. As much as I like them they are doing a full uk tour, supporting the Prodigy at their massive show at milton keynes, Headlining Rockness and Headlining 2nd stage at Reading. I'm pretty sure that covers the UK twice over but can't do anything about it really. They've been booked so I'll watch and enjoy them. Least they'll pick up the energy coz by Sunday I'll need an energy boost.

Edited by JoeCool91

i think special guest means subbing the headliner, not sure why they would think its the headliner of the second stage. Special guests have never been headliners of smaller stages.

can we start putting money on when they'll start dishing freebie tickets out now then? as has been said, pendulum may have pulled it off if they were a uk exclusive with no other shows, but they're all over, isn't hard to see them at all, which weakens their pulling power a shit load.

can we start putting money on when they'll start dishing freebie tickets out now then? as has been said, pendulum may have pulled it off if they were a uk exclusive with no other shows, but they're all over, isn't hard to see them at all, which weakens their pulling power a shit load.

Or a fan of the band? Say all you want, but Pendulum are one of the biggest bands about at the moment, and only stand to become bigger once their new album hits, maybe we should wait till after the set before deciding if it was a worthwhile move, alot of people complained about H&H being a sub headliner last year, and for many they turned out to be one of the best at the festival.

Someone like Soundgarden were unlikely (especially not headlining), and KISS or SOAD were silly suggestions, Faith No More seemed plausible, but at the end of the day that didnt pan out. I'm not saying I'd book Pendulum as the subs myself, but they aren't an awful choice and I'll definitely see them/look forward to their set.

Also sonisphere didn't look down their nose at Download for booking pendulum, hell they even booked prodigy and pendulum (I think!) on some of the EU shows last year.

And Special guests was just a place holder, they used it last year for any free spot on the line up including stage openers, its a meaningless moniker, people should know that by now.

Pendulum

Evile

Alice In Chains

Europe

Dir En Grey

Lacuna Coil

Renegades

Sick of it All

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal Waste

Rise to Remain

I thought I read somewhere that some of the bands were making there 1st uk festival apperance I feel sure all of these have done uk festivals or am I missing the point.

Pendulum

Evile

Alice In Chains

Europe

Dir En Grey

Lacuna Coil

Renegades

Sick of it All

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal Waste

Rise to Remain

I thought I read somewhere that some of the bands were making there 1st uk festival apperance I feel sure all of these have done uk festivals or am I missing the point.

Pendulum

Evile

Alice In Chains

Europe

Dir En Grey

Lacuna Coil

Renegades

Sick of it All

Therapy?

Terrorvision

Municipal Waste

Rise to Remain

Edited by One with the flies

I agree with whats being said about pendulum. As much as I like them they are doing a full uk tour, supporting the Prodigy at their massive show at milton keynes, Headlining Rockness and Headlining 2nd stage at Reading. I'm pretty sure that covers the UK twice over but can't do anything about it really. They've been booked so I'll watch and enjoy them. Least they'll pick up the energy coz by Sunday I'll need an energy boost.