New announcement 7th april!

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well April fools ends at midday, so they past the deadline for that.

Interested to see who this curveball might be.

Probably someone everyone is convinced is playing Download.

Slash?

I think Dream Theater are very likely to be playing, seeing as they're supporting Iron Maiden on their tour up until Sonisphere UK.

Also what about some bands from the Wacken Festival in Germany, which is a few days after Soni and has a few similar bands as it is...

Line up:

Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Ill Niño, Fear Factory, Arch Enemy, Stratovarius, W.A.S.P., Amorphis, Cannibal Corpse, Edguy, Tiamat, Caliban, Job for a Cowboy, Immortal, Overkill, Gojira, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Grave Digger, Kataklysm, Despised Icon, Lake of Tears, Candlemass, Ektomorf, Nightmare, Letzte Instanz, Delain, Orphaned Land, Equilibrium, U.D.O., Tarja, 1349, Rotting Christ, Corvus Corax, Týr, Voivod, The BossHoss, Fiddler's Green, Atrocity, Unleashed, Die Kassierer, Ihsahn, Torfrock, Evile, Schelmish, Astral Doors, Kampfar, Broilers, Svartsot, Debauchery, Raven, End Of Green, The Other, Lizzy Borden, Ghost Brigade, Endstille, Crucified Barbara, Degradead, Varg, Sólstafir, Lock Up, Smoke Blow, Frei.Wild, Secrets of the Moon, Metsatöll, The Devil's Blood, Imperium Dekadenz, Mambo Kurt, Orden Ogan, Hackneyed, Mad Max, Brutus, Hanggai, Suicidal Angels, Dead Means Nothing, The New Black, Eternal Legacy, Snakebite, The Keltics, Soul Stealer, Killing Machine, Skanners, Crysys, Holy Grail, Hells Belles, By The Patient, Victims of Madness, Vinterblot and W:O:A Firefighters

I really hope the special guests is faith no more, but i think that's more of a hope, than a likelihood.

Now please don't shoot me! but does anyone think that My Chemical Romance could be the special guest? personally I want Faith No More but I could see it happening, whether you like them or not they would defintely sell tickets and they were expected to 2nd headline at R & L but have vanished from the announcement and they have got a new album coming out etc...........

Thoughts?

Metal Hammer say they have seen the announcement and if you look a bit further down on the page below, it hints 'More about this band' and has a link Faith No More return to Europe! along other related Sonisphere stories but if you click on the link there is no story yet.....

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/sonisphe...special-guests/

It could be nothing but my bet is that Faith No More are the special guests

Metal Hammer say they have seen the announcement and if you look a bit further down on the page below, it hints 'More about this band' and has a link Faith No More return to Europe! along other related Sonisphere stories but if you click on the link there is no story yet.....

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/sonisphe...special-guests/

It could be nothing but my bet is that Faith No More are the special guests

I just clicked on the 'Faith no more return to Europe' and the story was from march 3rd, about how they were announced for sonisphere spain.

I'd be so ridiculously happy if FMN were announced, but i'm not expecting it to happen.

Edited by r0w

I'll be doing cartwheels if its FNM - and il be selling my Download ticket to get a Soni one straight away!

I dont see why it shouldnt be them? 1. Will be in Europe around then doing Festivals 2. Wont be doing Reading or Download again as they did them last year 3. Would defently accept a 'Special Guest slot under Iron Maiden (I dont think theyre fussy on what slots they do, i mean they played Nova Rock in Austria last year as the Sub-Headliner on the 2nd Stage!) 4. Have already spoken to the Soni people as theyr already playing Soni Spain.

The Special guest slot is defently out of Faith No More, Manowar(bloody hope not!) and Metallica (yep dont rule them out - theyve money invested in this festival, are in Europe at the time plus are not playing any other UK Festivals)....oh and maybe even Soundgarden as an outside bet

Edited by she bangs the drums

It most certainly does, as it means they will have started touring by then. IMO it will be either Faith No More, Soundgarden or Manowar. I can't see it being Metallica - why would they play such a low slot when they could come back to headline next or any other year?

Just a thought if they annouced Metallica and Megadeth having Slayer and Anthrax already then they can make a big noise about the big thrash 4 in the UK as well as Europe. :P

I can`t help thinking that if this doesn`t happen considering they are doing the other shows that it will be a big fail on their parts. :P

And I am pretty sure Metallica would happily sub to Maiden I mean who wouldn`t? :P

Would the big 4 really be that good? I mean we already have Slayer and Anthrax, if this had happened a few years back it would have been amazing but Metallica have played in the UK more than enough over the past few years incl Wembley, R & L, the UK tour in 09 and Sonisphere and I've seen them at all of these and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

For me I would be quite happy not to see them (Metallica) for a few years now. I'm not sure it would sell as many tickets as people think, it didn't sell out last year with both Metallica and Anthrax so for me Slayer and Megadeth aren't going to make that much difference.

I would much rather see Faith No More or Soundgarden than Metallica (and Megadeth) and I really think that those 2 bands would sell more tickets.

If Manowar are announced then it could reduce the amount of people attending :P

Edited by she bangs the drums

Just a thought if they annouced Metallica and Megadeth having Slayer and Anthrax already then they can make a big noise about the big thrash 4 in the UK as well as Europe. :P

I can`t help thinking that if this doesn`t happen considering they are doing the other shows that it will be a big fail on their parts. :P

And I am pretty sure Metallica would happily sub to Maiden I mean who wouldn`t? :P