Drugs at Glasto

Guest Glasto-Virgin

Don't worry about the booze, you'll get it on to the site no problem, even if you were unlucky enough to get searched then just co-operate and they probably won't even question your age. Once on-site no one will bother you at all, especially the police unless you're making a complete arse of yourself right in front of them. I don't advocate it and sure as hell never did it, it being illegal and all :P but you could possibly be served at the bars as long as you don't look 10 as they rarely ID (even though they get stricter each year), this can jeopardise various licenses and other intricacies so eerh don't do it :P

There are no sniffer dogs on site, though if you come by train I hear there are some at Castle Cary

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is 16 and the staff are going to ID everyone who ' looks ' 21 or under - he could be 31 and still be asked for ID.

how can I be so confident ? - I have worked for the WBC for the past twenty year and I know staff are not going to turn a blind eye just because its Glastonbury.

I would advise anyone who is 25 years or under to carry genuine ID with them if they wish to be served at the main bars.

they are guidelines so some places its 21 and other places its 25 - unless you have a crystal ball you could not possible know what the guidelines for Glastonbury will be this year and even I don't know { and I am a WBC Organiser } hence why I advised anyone who is 25 years or under to carry ID

Your fooling yourself - do you think the staff go to sleep at 2 am ?

No one is going to risk a court conviction for you.

you really like to play with fire -

{ 1 } if you ask a adult to buy for you - then you can be charged as per The Licensing Act 2003

{ 2 } If a Adult is daft enough to try and buy a drink for you then they can be charged as well.

By the way none of the bars will serve to a person who is drunk.

Hi I'm sure you wont have to much trouble getting a drink, if you cant get served in the bars which i have managed the past two years being underage, glasto is full of nice people willing to help! Just be sly when approaching anyone don't do it right infront of the bar and i'm sure they will be kind enough to get you one if you offer them one too!

Hi I'm sure you wont have to much trouble getting a drink, if you cant get served in the bars which i have managed the past two years being underage, glasto is full of nice people willing to help! Just be sly when approaching anyone don't do it right infront of the bar and i'm sure they will be kind enough to get you one if you offer them one too!

My dear G-V...while it may seem a sensible idea to bring a hard suitcase on wheels to get your gear in, as your Efest name does quite clearly state...as a Glasto Virgin you know not the perils and problems this will cause for you.

The first and most important thing is IMAGE darling! You may not actually see people pointing and laughing but they are... :P

2 reasons...

1. a suitcase to a festival...you are about to live in a field for the next 5 days not living it up on a beach in Miami

2. Not just the fact the festival is held on a farm but the metal trackways that are laid down for the roads are wide corrugated aluminium or whatever sheets. They are not particularly flat or stable and if you can imagine the bumpiest road surface eg. cobbles...you know how difficult it would be dragging a suitcase along on that...its much much worse on the metal sheets. The pressure exerted on the pissy little wheels of your precious suitcase that dont really like surfaces other than velvet pretty soon say to each other 'f**k this for a lark' and fall off leaving you and the contents of your pink £20 box spilled out all over the walkways.

And so as the clever and hardened festy goers wheel past you at speed with their pneumatic tyred, not too overloaded B&Q sack trolleys you see a roll of the eyes from them, a wee snigger and smug mode engaged face pass you by. They are not being mean...they just know that you should NOT take a suitcase to a festival...unless like me it is/was the Lost Vagueness festival in 05 in East Sussex and there are 13 pairs of shoes (and nothing else!) in the wee suitcase...hell it was a 12 hour long fancy dress party! :P

You are off to live in a field...take a decent rucksack, dont overload it, if you are going to take carry bags get a couple of those large blue Ikea bags (pretty indestructible and can carry large weights/your sleeping gear and can be carried by two people - one on each handle AND can even be dragged if the tiredness ensues).

You are doing the best thing by coming here for advice hun. There'll be so much more coming your way anyway!

Get a rucksack and a trolley with nice big rubber wheels - it'll hold more, it'll be easier to shift and it'll probably cost less too (Top Tip - B&Q sack trolleys, £12!)
Edited by ukslim

Hi guys thanks for all the advice the suit case is clearly a big taboo, I think i'll invest in a trolly for carrying everything.

Glasto-Worker - How the funk did you get a job there, you are simply too boring! You seem to be against a good time? Correct me if I'm wrong buy you seem you seem to be a funking idiot.