Drugs at Glasto

Guest Glasto-Virgin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's awful really. Just to think he's being bringing peoples vibe down since the 80's!

Look mate wait until you grow up then you can make a bloody comment.

Anyone who helps you can end up in Court.

if staff serve you they can end up in Court.

if you don't like the law than wait until you are old enough and stand as a MP and then try to change the law.

You don't have a clue although seeing you have never been to Glastonbury that is not a surprise but you appear to be under the impression that Glastonbury is run in a lawless society when in fact its strictly controlled.

People do enjoy themselves but they have to take responsibilities for their own action.

Unless you look as old as Mickey Rourke then really our paths will never cross .

By the time your old enough to drink feel free and break the law and then see what a gamble it is .

if you were old enough are you serious saying that you would risk a possible three month imprisonment just to buy a drink for a underage teenager who was a complete stranger ?

Look mate wait until you grow up then you can make a bloody comment.

Anyone who helps you can end up in Court.

if staff serve you they can end up in Court.

if you don't like the law than wait until you are old enough and stand as a MP and then try to change the law.

You don't have a clue although seeing you have never been to Glastonbury that is not a surprise but you appear to be under the impression that Glastonbury is run in a lawless society when in fact its strictly controlled.

People do enjoy themselves but they have to take responsibilities for their own action.

Unless you look as old as Mickey Rourke then really our paths will never cross .

By the time your old enough to drink feel free and break the law and then see what a gamble it is .

if you were old enough are you serious saying that you would risk a possible three month imprisonment just to buy a drink for a underage teenager who was a complete stranger ?

I'm becoming a freeman, that means i cannot actually be taken to court and if arrested i can claim money back for my troubles. And of course I understand the law there is the same as anywhere else.

This thread is tiresome to the extreme. its been done so many times.

Glasto virgin you sould be fine bringing beers through the gates ad yes there is 140 000 ish people going im sure one would buy you a beer.

Glasto worker although your right about the laww people are going to try there luck if they get id'ed then they get someone else to get it you cant wacth everyone all the time. With respect I dont think you or any of your fellow workers are that good at your job to stop all the under 18s drinking.

Personally I don't think he is narrow minded at all. He does a job on site that as someone said earlier if he didn't do it well, the license wouldn't be approved.

And as it happens what he says is true. Getting served at one of the bars at Glastonbury can be very difficult even if you are over 18 and as many supermarkets are taking the approach of not selling alcohol to anyone with a teenager (madness, I agree!) just in case they supply it to them, I can see that the whole ID thing is getting far stricter.

Glasto worker although your right about the laww people are going to try there luck if they get id'ed then they get someone else to get it you cant wacth everyone all the time. With respect I dont think you or any of your fellow workers are that good at your job to stop all the under 18s drinking.

I have to say I thought last year all the bar staff (not just WBC) did a bloody sterling job of IDing anyone who looked younger than 25. Although its a wee bit of an affront when a lot of the staff serving seem to be barely past their own 18th birthday :P

Of course people get through, it cant be helped with 180,000 people there.

But Mr G-V...please do grow up a bit cos you really are doing yourself no favours. After arriving what...3 days ago(?) you have already managed to upset some respected people on these boards...its not big and its not clever. Play nicely.

I'm becoming a freeman, that means i cannot actually be taken to court and if arrested i can claim money back for my troubles. And of course I understand the law there is the same as anywhere else.
Edited by cejx

I think this classic from Mark Twain sums up the some of the bullsh*t in this thread...

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”....

GV, we were all like you once, but eventually we all grow up and learn to take responsibility for our actions. Nobody is saying that at 16 you shouldn't have a bit of carefree fun, we all did (well, most of us!), so Enjoy it while it lasts! But don't ridicule those who take their job seriously, someday you'll understand. Have a great festie! :P

My mate turned 31 today...she got ID'd in Toscos 2 days earlier! :P She was so proud!

As you say though the Look 25 thing is becoming way more prevalent. The issue I have is by not being a driver I have to then carry a passport out on the tiles.

In Sydney I got away with a copy of the ID page from my passport that I then took to the Surry HIlls Police Station where they verified it and signed the copy.

Pretty sure that wouldnt work here in the UK but for keeping your passport safe while travelling and partying in Oz, its a great asset. My mate had to get the Consul involved when one party night her passport went byebye in a bar. Cost her loads for the replacement and a lot of hassle indeed.