Drugs at Glasto

Guest Glasto-Virgin

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks G-V you've brightened up a rainy weekend no end :P

Hate to break it to you bud, but you can not only be arrested, but you can be both charged and tried for any offence that you commit. You don't have to agree with the law, you can claim that only common law is applicable to you and that you do not recognise the state (and therefore statute doesn't apply) - but it is all a bit of bollocks really. If you appear in court charged with an offence, and you claim to be a freeman and not comply with the court then you will be remanded in custody whilst the men in white suits assess whether you are fit to stand trial. You can try and take a civil case against the Crown for wrongful arrest but you are unlikely to be successful!

And anyway, if you are becoming a freeman on the land and are nothing to do with this state then what are you going to do about using money, NHS, police, other emergency services, benefits etc. etc.

I have to say I thought last year all the bar staff (not just WBC) did a bloody sterling job of IDing anyone who looked younger than 25. Although its a wee bit of an affront when a lot of the staff serving seem to be barely past their own 18th birthday :P

Of course people get through, it cant be helped with 180,000 people there.

But Mr G-V...please do grow up a bit cos you really are doing yourself no favours. After arriving what...3 days ago(?) you have already managed to upset some respected people on these boards...its not big and its not clever. Play nicely.

So lets gets this right......You're planning on getting high on acid and then (according to your other other post in chat) throwing full beer cans at girls on shoulders and then punching them and their partners to the ground.

You're sick and need help. I really hope you don't make it to Glastonbury this year.

you really like to play with fire -

{ 1 } if you ask a adult to buy for you - then you can be charged as per The Licensing Act 2003

{ 2 } If a Adult is daft enough to try and buy a drink for you then they can be charged as well.

By the way none of the bars will serve to a person who is drunk.

• 2 weeks later...
The reason why one event may issue a wrist band ID and another event may not is down to the act which did not include wrist band ID in the act so each local authority has to be consultant for guidelines in advance .

At Hyde Park in 2006 { several events running over nine days } we had barriers up to control the flow and to save even more time we had our own Security personal checking peoples ID as they waited in the queue - this did cut down the wasted time that is spent when a teenager does not have ID .

hyde-park2.jpg

All went well for nearly a week but then someone from Trading standards { who are the main authority } who replaced another guy decided that the check was ' not at the point of sale ' so we were forced to stop checking at the barrier.

I can appreciate customers frustrating being checked one day at the barrier and the next day they were being checked at the counter as it did appear the WBC had changed the rules when in fact we were only following the guidelines that were laid down on the day.

Clearly not every Trading standards officer is not as flexible as other officers and we are stuck in the middle .

It is true that the act does state ' at the point of sale ' but checking ID five feet away from the Counter its a gray area that is down to local interpretation.

I know having two Security personal checking peoples ID at the barrier was more effective than at the counter because they had longer to check and you could see teenagers join the barrier only to spot the checks taking place and they were turning around and walking away.

We have to look at the whole point of the act - its to stop anyone under 18 being able to buy alcohol so really anything that can be brought in that can reduce the wasted time asking for ID at every visit is a lot better as long as the local authorities are happy. { the checking of documents before a wrist band is issued has to be bulletproof }

Sure its a pain in the arse having to queue up to get a wrist band but once that is done it saves you time and it saves the staff's time.

----------------

To deal with a point that LusciousLucy raised - yes your correct photocopies are not accepted at the bars.

how did you feel when the trading standards officer changed the set up - did you think it was a fair enough point or did you think he was being a bit jobsworthy ?

or did you not give it too much thought as you had to get on with the job in any case ?

just interested as I worked a few festivals in Ireland a long long time ago

I think the trick is to bring all your own booze and whatever else your into and if your under-age don't go to the bar. Drink the booze you smuggle in and nobody else will get in trouble because it will be all on you. You won't get some poor peon banged up for a hundred years. Also the most annoying thing in the world is some kid asking to get you a beer so don't do it. That's probably the fairest way all round for you to get all messed up and most importatly glasto worker won't eat you all up.

Oh, and also, your a massive tool glasto virgin. You make me want to train as a policeman to prove that I can get you prosecuted.

And why are people scorning a guy who wants to drop some acid? I don't really do drugs because quite frankly I am not cool enough to pull drugs off (if a naked girl covered herself in cocaine I would probably start shouting "get rid of that! That's seven years in prison! Get out of my house!") but I thought the hippy freedom movement was the basis of this Glastonbury thing? Maybe not the whole reason for going but a part of the whole freedom message the festival is built on. All I can say is if that's not the case any more I will be sorely missing that guy who throws up on a tree and try's to apologise to it.

Not saying that glasto worker eats children btw. Not since that act was introduced in 2007. :P

Edited by adrianiscorrect