Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

This website.

It's so slow & 'clunky' to load it's pretty much un useable.

(And before you say it Neil, it's not my pc.)

PMSL - this website is serving pages at twice the speed than it was last week. What happens after the data leaves this server isn't down to me.

You and your other half (in another post elsewhere over night) are both saying it's slower, and no one else is.

If it's not your PC then you have a crap ISP. It ain't this website.

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Website is running perfect, on my laptop and my phone.

not only is it running 'perfect', it's doing that now at a much greater speed than it was last week - as a result of both a drop of in traffic as its the end of the summer, and the more powerful server that was installed this week.

Neil, is there an Android app? Or one on the way?

For how things stand with mobile access, see:-

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/about/mobile.shtml

Hey guys, I know it's early and everything and I am really drunk, but tonight I got a bit of a shock in terms of my flatmates friends at uni. Basically, being in the club was fine, my girl mate said to me she wouldn't get with any nasty men tonight, so I pretty much spent all night looking out for her, only to be shot in the head by her at the very last minute by one of my flatmates friends, who she began dancing with and eventually getting with, thus shunning me aside, even though I actually cared for her a lot in the pass and I know she always to me she hates being hit on, which pretty much turned out to be a lie tonight, a lie which I will take personally, as I hate people who lie to me, and tomorrrow she may say she was very drunk, but to be honest with you, is that really an excuse?

So anyway, the night went on, we ended up getting a taxi home, fitting 14 people in a mini cab with my lovely flatmate proudly announcing to everyone that he stole someones digital camera and that he would delete all the photos on it and give it to his girlfriend, because his girlfriend had always wanted a digital camera.

If that doesn't make you sick enough, there's more. When we got back to the flat, one of my very drunk mates (who passed out at the beginning of the ended up being sent home by one of my absolutely lovely mates), was sleeping on my bed. At the time I didn't realize she was passed out, so I kindly asked her to move from my bed, to which she refused, as she was still passed out. This refusal was met by me having to actually pick her up and move her out of my bed, as she has a boyfriend, and I didn't want to cause any problems.

My flatmates friends saw this and promptly started calling me Gay, asking why I didn't just sleep with her and fuck her. I kept on saying that she had a boyfriend, and it would be morally wrong, plus I wouldn't want to have sex with a drunk passed out girl on my bed anyway, as in most societies, that is considered to be rape. Even though I kept on saying this, they kept on saying that I was gay and wouldn't leave me alone for 30 minutes, a lovely couple that I met on the night stepped in to stick up for me, and they managed to reduce the man of the couple's girlfriend to tears. This was met by laughter.

Safely said, the lovely couple asked if they could sleep in my bedroom, because the girlfriend was in floods of tears because of their apathetic, rude and downright insulting behavior. This was closly followed by me and the couple hearing them say that they were going to move my passed out friend onto my bed whilst I was asleep, so they walked into my room with the intention of doing so (I definitely wasn't asleep). Closely followed by the guy of this couple telling them to fuck off and leave me alone, which made the girlfriend cry again (how dare they come into my room after making her cry once). After this I heard them saying outside that they would have done it if it wasn't for "That bitch".

Anyway, it is safely said I will be having words with my flatmate tomorrow, as I wont stand for this clearly dickish behavior. Also, sorry for rambling on about it, but I really needed to get it off my chest and to be honest with you it's much better posting anonymously on here than posting about it on Facebook and causing unnecessary drama! smile.png

Edited by BlackHole2006

I sympathise, have been in house shares where people you thought you knew and got on with turned into price c**ts after a few drinks and suddenly any respect for you or others flies out the window. It is also because of this kind of behaviour that "all back to mine" stopped a few years back for me, since you end up with a bunch of shouty pissed people in your home and any happy memory of the night can be eroded quickly.

Hope it all turns out ok in the end, nowt wrong with coming here and posting anonymously to vent, isn't that the point of a forum at times?

I'm sorry but to be honest with you, and as I said on the post, it is far better me ranting about it anonymously on an internet forum, then me ranting about it on Facebook, which would cause unnecessary drama. I was furious at the time of the post and I needed to get things off my chest, and this topic seemed like the place to do so.

Edited by feral chile

I sympathise, have been in house shares where people you thought you knew and got on with turned into price c**ts after a few drinks and suddenly any respect for you or others flies out the window. It is also because of this kind of behaviour that "all back to mine" stopped a few years back for me, since you end up with a bunch of shouty pissed people in your home and any happy memory of the night can be eroded quickly.

Hope it all turns out ok in the end, nowt wrong with coming here and posting anonymously to vent, isn't that the point of a forum at times?

My left lung collapsed this afternoon. First collapse since May and first since surgery. Had kind of lived in denial for a while, kidding myself that things would get better. Been a bit miserable this evening but enjoyed the closing ceremony.

Once upon a time morphine was a welcome relief, these days it just makes me feel worse, like I'm sweating dirty, greasy shit out of every pore.

Tomorrow's another day.

My left lung collapsed this afternoon. First collapse since May and first since surgery. Had kind of lived in denial for a while, kidding myself that things would get better. Been a bit miserable this evening but enjoyed the closing ceremony.

Once upon a time morphine was a welcome relief, these days it just makes me feel worse, like I'm sweating dirty, greasy shit out of every pore.

Tomorrow's another day.