rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter about Killing in the Name of being on the same label?

K.I.T.N.O is a piece of "naturally" created protest song written by people with at least a smidgen of social concience and musical talent and creativity, RATM are a band who would have started out in the way real bands should start out and their success is a direct reward for years of hard work. "The Climb" is a disney-owned Hannah Montana ballad performed by someone who wins a 6 month popularity contest that provides its contestants with unmatchable mass marketing.

I know which MP3 i'll be downloading.

Haha, Sony's music label patter about RATM has fooled you. RATM only say they have a social conscience, both through their music and through their rhetoric. At least with shows like the X Factor you know what you are getting. m
Edited by Ryu

Those of you looking to buy 6 or 7 downloads for the cause from the

same computer IP address, or same email address sign on will just be

wasting your money. The Official Charts Company can spot these and

will just remove them from the count. The Jeff Buckley campaign last

year sold 80,000 legal sales, yet a figure of 600,000 ACTUAL sales

were alleged. Unfortunately many over-purchased from the sam

so basicly

people who buy more than 1

don't even get counted lol

Thats a copy and paste, so if you are buying multiple you'll need to work around both the above. Spam that on the facebook group if possible lol.

So, music guru, do you decide what a 'worthy piece of art'? And if you think this campaign to get RATM to No1 is great on this basis, I challenge you to name an Xmas number 1 released in the last 20 years that is a 'worthy piece of art'.

I would love to see this happen.........

Its not be about taking money from Cowell, it would be just about giving him the finger........(he will make plenty of cash out of X-fator and Susan Boyle this year and so he will have a very nice Xmas!)

It would just be funny to see hundreds of thousands of people say "f**k you Simon, your a dick"........

I dont care if people think it is a shit idea; the wrong song is being used to do so; that it goes against what the song and it writer meant at the time it was penciled; that Sony profit from it either way etc etc etc

Its simply a bit of fun and it will make me laugh if RATM hit number one for Xmas over X-factor. Thats worth a euro to me.........especially if Mr Cowell gets a little annoyed over it........

I would love to see this happen.........

Its not be about taking money from Cowell, it would be just about giving him the finger........(he will make plenty of cash out of X-fator and Susan Boyle this year and so he will have a very nice Xmas!)

It would just be funny to see hundreds of thousands of people say "f**k you Simon, your a dick"........

I dont care if people think it is a shit idea; the wrong song is being used to do so; that it goes against what the song and it writer meant at the time it was penciled; that Sony profit from it either way etc etc etc

Its simply a bit of fun and it will make me laugh if RATM hit number one for Xmas over X-factor. Thats worth a euro to me.........especially if Mr Cowell gets a little annoyed over it........

I'd it's more about challenging the assumption that whoever wins that karaoke nonsense will automaticly be granted instant success. Not that second is bad, but it is if you're assuming you'll win! I want to see someone affiliated with xfactor, be it the winner, Cowell, or one of the other judges throw a proper showbiz hissy fit if the RATM campaign is successfull.