rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because the brainwashed millions watch that trumped up panto doesn't mean thay buy the records. I seem to recall that Christmas No 1's these days only need 2 or 300K in sales - including the last few years of X-Fuctor domination. Besides, I believe X-Factor and it's creators are disagreeable manipulators of the stupid so will be registering my protest in the name of all the Jordan-worshipping halfwit millions who don't know better.

Just because the brainwashed millions watch that trumped up panto doesn't mean thay buy the records. I seem to recall that Christmas No 1's these days only need 2 or 300K in sales - including the last few years of X-Fuctor domination. Besides, I believe X-Factor and it's creators are disagreeable manipulators of the stupid so will be registering my protest in the name of all the Jordan-worshipping halfwit millions who don't know better.
Edited by ampersand

I like the idea in principle, but why choose a song from a band who are massive and are loaded already, plus most of the money will go to Sony anyway as pointed out above.

Why not choose a song from a band who could use the publicity and money more than RATM would, a band like Art Brut for example (just an example).

I like the idea in principle, but why choose a song from a band who are massive and are loaded already, plus most of the money will go to Sony anyway as pointed out above.

Why not choose a song from a band who could use the publicity and money more than RATM would, a band like Art Brut for example (just an example).

Good idea but I fear this is going to draw in the turncoat fans (if you can even call them fans) that jumped on the bandwagon around the time of Reading and Leeds last year.

"RAAAAAAAGE!!!11 BEST BAND EVAR!!!11!!!11 f**k YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME, GONNA GET A T-SHIRT THAT SAYS THAT FROM TOPMAN!!!"

The whole idea/group isn't about lining the pockets of sony or RATM members. Its all about stopping the dross we get year after year coming out of X-f**kter and other complete waste of space talent shows.

the last 4 years have seen Utter Shite been crowned Christmas #1 so if you are against this and want to amend it (even if you hate/don't favour the song choice) just go for it.

I am anyway.

:P

The whole idea/group isn't about lining the pockets of sony or RATM members. Its all about stopping the dross we get year after year coming out of X-f**kter and other complete waste of space talent shows.

the last 4 years have seen Utter Shite been crowned Christmas #1 so if you are against this and want to amend it (even if you hate/don't favour the song choice) just go for it.

I am anyway.

I am anyway.

I don't think that's really the point, it's more of a two fingers to the x factor and cowell, to let them know that their 'music' is terrible, and that if enough normal music fans get together, actually there's more of them than the people who like x factor and buy the leona lewis album from tescos.