rage against the machine for christmas no1!

Guest rory_oh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's really the point, it's more of a two fingers to the x factor and cowell, to let them know that their 'music' is terrible, and that if enough normal music fans get together, actually there's more of them than the people who like x factor and buy the leona lewis album from tescos.

I don't know whether this will get anywhere. Think the biggest opportunity was last year with Buckley's, but maybe enough people saw that get to number 2 to be encouraged to buy this year.

It needs the right song at the right time for it to work, eventually it will happen, even if not this year. I'm not too bothered and don't know what's been top of the charts all year but it would be nice if it works.

Theres a difference between joining a facebook group and stumping up cash for a single. 700000 folk wont buy a copy each

Also I've noticed that Killing in the name is 48 in the Itunes chart which suggests that some people have downloaded the song too early for it to count towards the Xmas No1. It wont happen, and I doubt it will make the top 10

Its a bit weird Simon Cowell specifically mentioning a relatively small internet campaign in a press conference attended by much of the country's media. Needless to say, the number of people who have joined the campaign has gone up by a third since he did so. I've noticed in a few other forums people starting campaign threads - ie spam by the record company. The whole thing has to be a marketing ploy by Sony.

The press conference was funny though. He said, basically that the only people that the campaign was harming was the three folk left in the competition. I wonder how many people were sat at home thinking 'Thats terrible! How can we deny a small child from South Shields the chance to release a Miley Cyrus cover for Christmas before we never hear of him again?' Quite frankly my heart bled a little.

cowell wont be too fussed either way

the x factor this year is terrible as far as singing and as a tv show

ive just found it very flat

if olly wins maybe the ratm thing could win

but killing in the name is on the same record label as the x factor single anyway