Caleb Slams Reading Crowd

Guest Wight1991

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mabey kings of leon should get it in there thick hillbilly brains that all of the old fans, who produced the good atmosphere, have given up on them after there terrible mainstream new album and have been replaced by indie kids who are supposive "fans" but really only like sex on fire and use somebody.

Kings of Leon really really pissed me off last night. I like them as a band, I've got all of their albums and have seen them in a lot smaller dingier places than last night, but they've just got far too big for their boots.

Kaleb saying last night - 'this is for those for those of you who've come for more than just two songs' - is ridiculous. If you've written a song, and people come to watch you play it, you should be f**king happy, if that's the only song they like, so be it, it shouldn't matter.

Its them who have courted this fame by touring constantly and going on every possible tv and radio show.....and now they're getting pissed off at the people who made them famous...it doesn't make sense.

They were good last night, but by no means brilliant. I think it'll be quite a while before I'm persuaded to see KOL again!

I got in the tent for Jamie T to get a good spot for FNM (at Leeds) when Jamie T had finished, the whole tent just left, the crowd for FNM was embarrasing, it was just like NIN at Leeds a few years back, I really enjoyed them though I wish they had played We Care a Lot as the last song.

Its amazing how different people see things. I saw kings of leon play at leeds to one of the biggest crowds I have ever seen and the crowd seemed to be loving it. I think maybe leeds auidence has a higher proprotion of your mainstream listen to radio 1 type fan as opposed to hardcore festival goers. The impression I got was everyone seemed ot be having a good time singing along to the songs. Musically they were very tight and i would rank them as one of the bands of the weekend.