Caleb Slams Reading Crowd

Guest Wight1991

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get how he could tell from the main stage what the crowd was like, when he could only see the first few rows. They should just play the songs and not give a shit what the crowd thinks.

Crowd were into it were i was. Does every set have to be full of slam pitting twats punching each other in the face before it has an atmosphere? there was dancing and much merriment. its nice ot be able to dance to a band without worrying about falling to the floor!

Kings of Leon really really pissed me off last night. I like them as a band, I've got all of their albums and have seen them in a lot smaller dingier places than last night, but they've just got far too big for their boots.

Kaleb saying last night - 'this is for those for those of you who've come for more than just two songs' - is ridiculous. If you've written a song, and people come to watch you play it, you should be f**king happy, if that's the only song they like, so be it, it shouldn't matter.

Its them who have courted this fame by touring constantly and going on every possible tv and radio show.....and now they're getting pissed off at the people who made them famous...it doesn't make sense.

They were good last night, but by no means brilliant. I think it'll be quite a while before I'm persuaded to see KOL again!

For the people saying the Reading crowd was shit... get a grip. I was a Kings fan before the festival and now i'm lacking any time for them. The sound didn't carry at all and i could just make out what Caleb was singing. The songs were slow and lacked enthusiasm. They were boring and expected the crowd to bow down to them when Caleb was clearly on a rant from the beginning.

Arctics and Radiohead blew them out of the water.

At least Alex Turner was having a good time up there.

Dear followhill clan,

Im sorry you didn't enjoy your crowd at reading 2009, ultimately however im afraid it is your own fault. You chose to alienate almost all of you old fans , the ones who could generate a decent atmosphere (remember 2007? one of the best performances of the festival that year), and take the money when you put out that god awful m.o.r. album "only by the night." The consequences of this being that whilst your airplay, and revenue may skyrocket the fans you gain and those you lose will differ dramatically in quality when it comes to the live experience and appreciation of your entire back catalogue.

I firmly believe that the live reputation you had along with another album in the mould of the first three would have allowed you to headline this year anyway, with the fans that got you there and the ones able to generate an atmosphere. Please come back with another decent album, and let these past 18 months be a blip in you career.

You should have seen this coming however, remember who you blew out of the water in 2007? the ultimate in mediocre daytime radio indie.

go home, lock yourself up on your ranch, ignore the record companies, drink, take loads of drugs, listen to loads of music and come back with another great record. basically be the band you used to be.

see you in a few years.

temporarily lost, but not forever, kings fan.

Dear followhill clan,

Im sorry you didn't enjoy your crowd at reading 2009, ultimately however im afraid it is your own fault. You chose to alienate almost all of you old fans , the ones who could generate a decent atmosphere (remember 2007? one of the best performances of the festival that year), and take the money when you put out that god awful m.o.r. album "only by the night." The consequences of this being that whilst your airplay, and revenue may skyrocket the fans you gain and those you lose will differ dramatically in quality when it comes to the live experience and appreciation of your entire back catalogue.

I firmly believe that the live reputation you had along with another album in the mould of the first three would have allowed you to headline this year anyway, with the fans that got you there and the ones able to generate an atmosphere. Please come back with another decent album, and let these past 18 months be a blip in you career.

You should have seen this coming however, remember who you blew out of the water in 2007? the ultimate in mediocre daytime radio indie.

go home, lock yourself up on your ranch, ignore the record companies, drink, take loads of drugs, listen to loads of music and come back with another great record. basically be the band you used to be.

see you in a few years.

temporarily lost, but not forever, kings fan.

So true.

Kaleb was giving out negative comments/energy all night so no wonder the crowd couldn't be assed to do anything. He kept shaking his head after every song aswell which was so irritating. He needs to f**k off to America for 5 years, he'll soon come crawling back when he's not making any money over there.

Well, all those backing the thread last year, begging the organisers not to follow Glastonbury and make them headliners, can all say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

They were never the right band to headline a massive field. Then they added Radiohead and the Arctic Monkeys decided join in on the introverted vibe. Thankfully there were enough highlights elsewhere to make up for it. And it made the decision to finish my festival off with Faith No More, 8 rows from the front with room to move around all the more easy.