Unbearably hot in Tent !

Guest DaveMac

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they make a massive difference - they'll give you one or two hours extra sleep in the morning before the heat wakes you up. Also they make it possible to get a kip during the day if you need it.

Yes you're right. 2 for £1 at poundland I think, which is more than enough for a 3 man tent - just attach them with clothes pegs to the outer frame.

would this work on a window?

basically it's super hot atm, and i work nights, sometimes i come home and my rooms like a f****** sauna!

can't leave the windows open for security reasons obviously :rolleyes:

perhaps if i put these blankets on the window it would help to keep the room cooler?

mark

For the first three nights i was in bed about 5-6 each night and awake between 9-10. Just crashed about 2 both saturday n sunday nights because of it, but cant say I regret any of it for one second. To be fair whenever I woke up in the sauna whick was my tent i ripped off my sleeping bad, unzipped my tent and just dozed in my underwear for an hour or so

I don't remember being so hot in my tent consistantly as this year. I have heard people took relective foil from Poundland etc as a counter measure and indeed so did I but I forgot the pegs to hold it in place. So I gave them away to other people who had leaks in their tents etc on the day I arrived.

My friend had a thermometer in his tent and at one stage it was reading 45degrees!!!

i only got 3-4 hours sleep per night becasue of this and was close to tears when i woke up still drunk on monday and realised it was only 8am.. passed out for another hour after i stripped off and covered myself in babywipes lol

My friend had a thermometer in his tent and at one stage it was reading 45degrees!!!

i only got 3-4 hours sleep per night becasue of this and was close to tears when i woke up still drunk on monday and realised it was only 8am.. passed out for another hour after i stripped off and covered myself in babywipes lol

I love this thread. It shows what the main design consideration for a festival tent is. But go back and look at the pre-festival threads or wait til next year's glasto build-up and you'll see the same thing: people having earnest discussions about 'hydrostatic head' values or debating what the best 'waterproofing' chemical is for their lovely black tent.

All but the worst pop-up tent will withstand a monsoon providing it's put up right. But even during seemingly bad weather, most tents turn into ovens after 8am at festivals.

Tent manufacturers, on the whole, produce designs which are terrible for summer festivals because we still buy them regardless. However, if you do a bit of research you'll find there are a few manufacturers producing something which works. 'Black Stump Trading' of Clackline, W. Australia are worth a look.

Honestly... no!

I tried 'em this year, they do crinkle a lot in the wind but this is what the earplugs are for.

The first morning I was lying in my tent thinking.. "hey, this has worked, it's not too bad in here"!

The sun came out from behind the cloud 5 minutes later, and I was out of my tent a minute after that!!

Honestly I don't think the foil things make that much difference. Maybe a tiny bit, but not enough to justify the hassle of having them clipped on, crinkling away, worrying about them blowing off in wind etc etc. Not worth it and I shalln't bother next year. The secret is just go get out of your tent and sleep on the grass adjacent to it for the mid-morning "special sleep" phase!

Edited by Craigston