No fourth headliner

Guest glastofever

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there isn't going to be a fourth headliner according to e festivals

eFestivals has it on good authority that there will be no fourth headliner announced for this year's Glastonbury Festival.

It had been well reported that festival organiser Michael Eavis had mentioned a fourth British act for this year's festival line-up. He had told the BBC that, "We've got four headliners at the moment. If they all confirm, then I've got two headliners for Saturday."

However, it would seem that plans to book the band, who were being lined-up to play have fallen through, with the act no longer able to play the festival due to other commitments, and therefore there will be no fourth headlining act.

Tickets for Glastonbury Festival held for five full days from Wednesday 24th until Sunday 28th June 2009 at Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset have already sold out months before the event.

Although the full line-up for this year's Festival has not yet been announced, To see who has been confirmed, and who might be playing take a look at the eFestivals' Glastonbury 2009 rumours >>.

Who knows we will just have to all wait and see again!!!

A further release of a limited number of cancelled tickets will go on sale from 9am on Sunday 5th April 2009, although in order to do so you must have registered beforehand to be eligible to buy a ticket. However, it's unlikely that they'll be a huge number of tickets available on that day. They will be priced at £175 (plus a booking fee of £5).

I'm not sure i actually think the Reading Line up is all that. Yes, three very strong headliners, with one of them being truly outstanding (Radiohead). But take them away and whats left is fairly weak. I'd be bored for a lot of the day ... Deftones and Prodigy are the only other two acts that jump out at me, the rest i could take or leave. Gossip, Glasvegas and Jamie T as the second stage headliners!? Please! That is f**king lame!

Just out of interest - will we ever get a positive ID of who the 4th headliner would have been? Or will it be a Soviet-esque state secret for fifty years?

eFestivals has chosen not to name them (we know who it was planned to be) because we don't think it fair on them. People would no doubt give them some flack for it, yet it's not like they've done anything wrong, it's simply that circumstances have made them feel unable to do it now when they thought they'd be able to.

And anyway, it's not really are place to say - we were told in confidence, and it would be bad form to break that trust. If it leaks out from elsewhere that's not our doing.

Edited by eFestivals

eFestivals has chosen not to name them (we know who it was planned to be) because we don't think it fair on them. People would no doubt give them some flack for it, yet it's not like they've done anything wrong, it's simply that circumstances have made them feel unable to do it now when they thought they'd be able to.

And anyway, it's not really are place to say - we were told in confidence, and it would be bad form to break that trust. If it leaks out from elsewhere that's not our doing.

thats really annoying.

fair enough if you're trying to be curtious to the band, but i think if these aforementioned circumstances are enough to stop them playing,

then they/you should let everyone know, they shouldnt care/you shouldnt care, if they have a justified reason for not playing,

i really want to know who it was.

Michael Eavis can never keep his gob shut, bless him. If it's not leaked before then he'll tell someone eventually. I suspect its Coldplay, can't think of a reason why yet but I'm sure something will come out. I know it sounds like the too obvious choice but doubt there would have been so many rumours of coldplay if it was a completely different act. Radiohead seem like the perfect band for the 2010 anniversary so for them to book themselves to play this year (putting them out of the running for 2010) would be stupid.

Michael Eavis can never keep his gob shut, bless him. If it's not leaked before then he'll tell someone eventually. I suspect its Coldplay, can't think of a reason why yet but I'm sure something will come out. I know it sounds like the too obvious choice but doubt there would have been so many rumours of coldplay if it was a completely different act. Radiohead seem like the perfect band for the 2010 anniversary so for them to book themselves to play this year (putting them out of the running for 2010) would be stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I've been doing a load of reserch and i finnaly found out who the 4th headliner is and a very logical exspination as to why they couldn't play.

Queen have been working, with Kim Jong-il, in North Korea on a machine to bring back Freddie Mercury from the dead. sadly the C.I.A found out and raded the secret laboritory by mistake and shut down the prodject. Queen felt dishearetd and decided not to play.

you can read about this on www.pointlesswasteoftime.com

Does anyone else think that there may still be a headliner?

For me, this news goes one of 2 ways, either

1) There actually is no longer a fourth headliner or

2) This is a bluff by eavis, i remember him saying that he wanted to keep the fourth headliner secret, but I kinda thought, well that won't happen it'll leak somehow, is it possible that he has tried to kill the speculation here to avoid any possible leaking?

I dunno, but it seems possible, maybe even efestivals solid source is lying to keep it secret?

I'm sure we'll find out when the lineup is announced and if there is a gap under bruce springsteen or not

I read this a few days ago so it might help!

"Depeche Mode have canceled their appearance at Glastonbury 2009 because they say they don’t agree with the other acts on the bill.

Keyboard player Andy Fletcher told the Daily Star, “we do a lot of festivals in Europe but not so many in the U.K. Glastonbury would be fun but the line-up didn’t quite work for us. Getting the right bill is important.”

The recent announcements regarding the line-up that have caused quite a stir around the younger generations of Glastonbury goers and now apparently the bands as well!"

Depeche Mode= 4th Headliner??????