WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following (what i can understand!) from Glacier Point over on Netweather and he also hinting at a change in weather pattern to something more High pressure dominated towards the end of the month, he and another guy over there tend to use 'teleconnections' which goes right over my head at times but they seem to be suggesting a similar repeat to the heatwave we had in late May. On top of that, the european computer model is projecting high pressure to nose it's way in on the wednesday of Glastonbury! Still miles off but there is hope.......... :D

Metcheck is looking OK for the wednesday and thurday. Not brilliant, but not too bad. I'd happily take a Glastonbury with no rain myself, not too bothered about it being really hot. No rain means no mud means I can get where I want to go and sit down when I get there!

Several sites today are reporting monsoon conditions now for that weekend! I certainly hope they are wrong!! :lol:

NME reports:

Glastonbury set to be hit by monsoon

It's as regular as clockwork, according to expert

Glastonbury festival could be hit by a monsoon this year, experts are predicting - and they believe the same monsoon has been responsible for bad weather at the event in the past.

The University Of Southampton's Dr Craig Wallace, who has studied computer models of the weather for 30 years, said that two separate waves of monsoon-type rain sweep across northwestern Europe each June - at the start of the month and then again in the final fortnight.

The yearly monsoon is the reason why events like Glastonbury and Wimbledon so often suffer from torrential rain.

The European monsoon is regular, but Wallace said that it was difficult to work out exactly why they strike each year. "It's so predictable it seems easy to understand - but it's not," he told The Times.

The European monsoon, brought on by a series of westerly winds that travel across the Atlantic, is not as big or wet as its Indian counterpart.

Unless you have a crystal ball, no one will know what it will be like until the day! Weather for this weekend was wrong on Friday, had the rain down for Sunday but it came on Saturday and was lovely on the Sunday!

My Crystal ball says 30C+ no cloud and glorious sunshine!!

But really folks - it won’t be like 2007, it will be like it has been for the last 2 months, generally dry, bit of rain, bit of cloud, LOTS OF FUN!!!!

Unless you have a crystal ball, no one will know what it will be like until the day! Weather for this weekend was wrong on Friday, had the rain down for Sunday but it came on Saturday and was lovely on the Sunday!

My Crystal ball says 30C+ no cloud and glorious sunshine!!

But really folks - it won’t be like 2007, it will be like it has been for the last 2 months, generally dry, bit of rain, bit of cloud, LOTS OF FUN!!!!

Several sites today are reporting monsoon conditions now for that weekend! I certainly hope they are wrong!! :lol:

NME reports:

Glastonbury set to be hit by monsoon

It's as regular as clockwork, according to expert

Glastonbury festival could be hit by a monsoon this year, experts are predicting - and they believe the same monsoon has been responsible for bad weather at the event in the past.

The University Of Southampton's Dr Craig Wallace, who has studied computer models of the weather for 30 years, said that two separate waves of monsoon-type rain sweep across northwestern Europe each June - at the start of the month and then again in the final fortnight.

The yearly monsoon is the reason why events like Glastonbury and Wimbledon so often suffer from torrential rain.

The European monsoon is regular, but Wallace said that it was difficult to work out exactly why they strike each year. "It's so predictable it seems easy to understand - but it's not," he told The Times.

The European monsoon, brought on by a series of westerly winds that travel across the Atlantic, is not as big or wet as its Indian counterpart.

oh noes

im getting deja vois from 2007

i didnt do weather check in 2008

but all this "there is hope people" and stuff like that reminds me of 07 where, up untill the day before it constantly said it was gonna rain and everyone was optimistic and then geoff the weather barron, or god, or mother nature or whatever u beleive (im a fan of geoff) basically laughed at us and gave us a horrible weekend,

someone save us!!!!

Latest update looking a little more promising:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=55350

Summary

The operational runs remain on the disappointing side, but by no means disastrous, and the ensembles looks quite upbeat. on this basis, I think the chance of a reasonable festival seem to be on up, Wall to wall sunshine and a heatwave is unlikely, but so IMO is a washout festival, and going by the thoughts of the forecast team, it may well be warmer than recent operational runs have been suggesting.

It's going to be sunny. No charts from me this evening but JACKONE sort of confirms what I was getting at yesterday with the whole French finger thing. There's none of the doubt of 2007.

The charts show the weather getting good exactly bang on schedule for Glastonbury.

Edited by dirk4danger

Please disregard metcheck - i have been watching it and it is all over the place.

Last night sunny, this morning rain, tea time rain, now sun/cloud.

Yesterday temperatures for saturday morning were as low as 0 degrees. Now they are at 10.

I have added netweather as a favourite.

Remember the secret - "thoughts become things".

:O:(:P visualise the sun :P:P:)

I agree, all this weather checking is B*llox.

Have a look 2 days before you set off and they might have an incline. But even then they will probably get it wrong.

IMO we will have a bit of rain, lots of sun, and it will be cloudy at times. Take your waterproofs but it will be mostly nice and warm with occasional chilly winds.

There that covers it.

Thread Closed.