WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purge this thread and it's negativity.

There will be no rain. There will be no rain. There will be no rain. *repeats to himself as he rocks backwards and forwards in his chair*

Edited by Messy

my positive outlook for this evening...

whatever happens, its still summer. temps will still be high, and weather will most likely be generally summery. This means any rain will come in showers, and be broken up by glorious sunshine, which will dry the ground out in the unlikely event it even gets saturated.

bottom line: sun will dominate, even if it does rain a little (which it wont :lol:)

Right, here's the plan. Everyone forget to take shorts, hats and suncream. You always forget what you need the most! :lol:

Looks like JACKONE is either late or having a day off so I've done some research myself.

A warm French finger (of warmth) is going to touch us on the Thursday. Check it out:

warmfinger.jpg

Seriously, the weather looks really bad up till the start of Glasto and then it starts to get better. The chart above is as far out as the forecasts go so the next few days we'll start to see if it's just a brief warm French fingering we're getting or something altogether more substantial. :lol:

I've been pretty much convinced it's going to be a good weather Gbury up until the last few days where I had a bit of a doubting moment but since this afternoon ive been convinced that it's going to be a good one again. The BBC monthly forecast is the one that Im sticking with - the one where it says it was going to cool down after being hot (it has done) but will perk up towards the end of the month - its logical to me - hot, colder, hot again - makes perfect sense!!

Richard Angwin (BBC West Weatherman) dismissed the idea of a monsoon on the evening news this evening. He did however qualify this with "that's the way it's looking at the moment" and "nice weather for the start of the Glastonbury Festival"; so still going with the long-range stuff and not sticking his neck out too far!

Monday 15 June 2009 to Sunday 28 June 2009

“Warming up.”

High pressure stays with us for most of this period and should extend its influence across much of the UK resulting in mostly dry and often very sunny conditions.

Temperatures should recover from mid to late June onwards so it will feel more like summer again with some very warm days likely, particularly in the south.

Rainfall amounts could be very scanty in many areas although there is always the potential for some thundery outbreaks towards the south-east giving localised downpours.