WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, time for a major chunk of positivity!!!!

On Merseyside, the weather forecast was for rain today, chance of precipitation 70% and a temperature of 9degreesC.

That was the forecast as of yesterday and today it has not really changed. As of about 9am this morning, the sky above my house was dark and grey as you can see below...

dscf1190s.jpg

The sky has looked 'rainy' all day and afternoon so far... but as of now 3pm... I look up and can see significant breaks in those dark clouds and this is an actual shot from a few minutes ago!!!

dscf1191f.jpg

My point is this... no rain at all in my area so far today even though forecost and at the most I can see patches of 'little fluffy clouds' and blue sky!

Yeah, it may rain later, but for a 6 hour time period to see somre blue sky appear when the forecoast was so miserable then I aint complaining.

My point - DONT WORRY! Our sky is a fickle beast and will go its own way.

:)

MrPloppy

From the forecasts at the moment it looks like the period around 15th to 18th June will be crucial. It seems generally accepted that all will be unsettled up to then with a certain amount of rain around, although nothing catastrophic. What many of the forecasts seem to suggest (e.g. the BBC monthly outlook) is that we can then expect (hope for!!) some high pressure to move in over the South that will potentially give us a period of settled and generally pretty good weather over the festival.

If the high pressure can force its way in then we will be ok. Watch those isobars from 15th June!!

Met Office long range is now starting to hit Glasto week

This was as of 1147 this morning for the weekend before and the start of the week.

For the following weekend and start of the next week there is still uncertainty, but with the likelihood of dry, sunny and very warm weather in the southeast, and cloudier, cooler conditions with some rain the north and west.

No, I was just grateful to be IN my tent. I couldn't find it during the night, so had fallen asleep in the middle of the cinema field. I got woken by the biggest, fattest raindrop landing square in the middle of my forehead. Having had a chance to sober up during my sleep, I wandered up the hill to my tent just as it started to lash down.

Edited by Woppa

I was up in the smaller family field with my oldest (then 3 years old) and my 5 months gone pregnant better half, we were all awake all through it. It started off quite funny and then after a while I was beginning to wonder what I was putting them through, I've never seen a storm like that in my life ever, it was of biblical proportions! :)

we came out of our tents to survey the damage afterwards there was a small puddle inbetween the tents, we spent about half an hour trying to get rid of thinking this isn't what we need. eventually we got ready to head to the pyramid got out of the woodies and seen just how bad it was.

How nobody drowned in their tents is beyond me.

no symapathy for the numpites on penard hill camping next to the stream on the wednesday when so many other parts of the site were still empty.

More positivity people!

I was at the Twenty20 cricket this weekend and we were forecast heavy rain for the whole weekend. Bar the Saturday night thunderstorm and bit of drizzle on Sat morning, there was nothing. Admittedly that kind of thundery downpour would be enough to cause another muddy year at Glasto....oh god positivity gone already.

From the forecasts at the moment it looks like the period around 15th to 18th June will be crucial. It seems generally accepted that all will be unsettled up to then with a certain amount of rain around, although nothing catastrophic. What many of the forecasts seem to suggest (e.g. the BBC monthly outlook) is that we can then expect (hope for!!) some high pressure to move in over the South that will potentially give us a period of settled and generally pretty good weather over the festival.

If the high pressure can force its way in then we will be ok. Watch those isobars from 15th June!!

I remember that hot thursday well, me and my mate bought 3 new mates with us for the first time, we sat up camp and i just sat in my chair all day whilst they wandered the whole site they came back later that day and i was sunburnt badly on my legs, next day it bloody thundered rained and anything else that happened so i had to walk about in my wellies with sunburnt legs! NIGHTMARE!

i remember waking up that friday morning to find a river going under our tent via the tractor treads, i was about 60 m up from where the river started in pennards so was well happy with the tread.

i wasn't there but my mate phoned to tell me and let me hear the rain pounding down. i had to tell her to put the bloody phone down as i'd just heard on the radio that the dance tent got hit by lightning so the storm was directly overhead. :blink:

i was in bed with bronchitis at the time and it made me almost glad i'd failed miserably on t-day. i'd've been struggling.

dont know why but i impulse bought some waterproof trousers today. think im getting scared. need to get back on the hot wagon, maybe i should just not pack them