ARCTIC MONKEYS

Guest elfimaju

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't see this happening at all. why the monkeys would go from headlining two years ago to playing second fiddle - when really they don't need to - I don't know. I would think the only way the monkeys would be there without headlining would be in a secret slot...

different market thought isn't it. even if monkeys are in the frame atm in case bruce doesn't sign up I doubt they'll play below him if he does, however much of a "legend" he is. I'd also be pretty surprised about AM making a return just 2 years after headlining. not really done is it?

Hopefully they will play the same spot the fratellis did last year (they were awful btw, another one of my sisters bands, she has appalling taste and shes 3 years older than me). Keiser Cheifs or Arctic Monkeys would be awesome, if they played that would be 2 of my friends jelous of me now.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I should f**king sell these.

Seriously, someone drag up the original Blur thread I did, started before all this reunion stuff, then the Arctic Monkeys one, on both accounts I was essentially called an idiot but everyone's changed their tunes now.

Although I'm not so sure about the Monkeys now, it would certainly be a sin putting them on at the same time as Blur, nah, Eavis couldn't do that, f**king commercial suicide.

They'd do Friday if anything, I s'pose.....

Edited by somecoolusername

Hey everyone - just seen this rumour and well looking at the website i run im sure you can guess i would be happy to see the Arctic's there however i just cannot see it happening with them playing 2 years back, plus the new album is rumoured to now be released in the summer.

If anyone wants to here a video of one of the newer songs visit

http://www.arcticmonkeysuk.com/forums/inde...=view&id=59

Edited by ArcticMonkeysUK.com

They are my pick for the 4th headliner, especially if they other option is Kaiser Chiefs. I've seen both live twice and interviewed both, and Arctic Monkeys are miles better that Kaiser Chiefs at least when it comes to live sets...but again, that might be because they are bigger in the US so the atmosphere was a lot more electric (and I just plum prefer their music). Also, I promise this preference has nothing to do with my massive crush on Matt Helders...I swear....:D

They are my pick for the 4th headliner, especially if they other option is Kaiser Chiefs. I've seen both live twice and interviewed both, and Arctic Monkeys are miles better that Kaiser Chiefs at least when it comes to live sets...but again, that might be because they are bigger in the US so the atmosphere was a lot more electric (and I just plum prefer their music). Also, I promise this preference has nothing to do with my massive crush on Matt Helders...I swear....;)