2 'English' headliners?

Guest 504329lt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Dublin last week, got talking to a guy who was working with U2 recently. He says that the new single 'Get on your Boots' from their upcoming album is actually about pulling on your wellington boots. They had to take the word wellington out of the original title due to copyright issues.

So in fact the new single is about U2 looking forward to playing Glastonbury this year and 'Getting on their Wellies'

To be sure, to be sure, thank my lucky charms....

yeah, you're right of course. ;);)

Coldplay are the only act I can think of currently selling tickets for the summer

I don't think that Eavis' comments about selling tickets necessarily applied to tickets that are on sale right now.

Although you've of course forgotten Blur.

Whoever the "american" headliners are (NY is Canadian you fool :blink:... tho he lives in Woodside, CA), they're very unlikely to come to the UK and not play any dates here other than Glasto. So they will have dates to announce, and they'll want them announced before they're announced for Glasto.

Madness have also confirmed Madstock in July. Maybe not the Brit headliner he was talking about but looks a fair bet now. Saw them in Lost Vaugeness a couple of years back..Brilliant :lol:

I can't remember where I heard it now, but heard months ago that Madness would be doing Glasto this year, and with a far more major slot than they had last time around (so very probably a decent Pyramid slot).

But what I heard might well have been before Madstock was decided on, and it might be the case that they choose to restrict their other appearances, to ensure the financial success of Madstock.