Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that cup collecting was okay to see on the first day - but by the fourth it was damn annoying - people crouching around everywhere/in front of you to pick up a squashed muddied beaker!

saw one group tie a long piece of string to a cup, hiding the string under their rug - and then pulling on it when someone tried to pick up the cup so it darts away! was funny to see reactions

that cup collecting was okay to see on the first day - but by the fourth it was damn annoying - people crouching around everywhere/in front of you to pick up a squashed muddied beaker!

saw one group tie a long piece of string to a cup, hiding the string under their rug - and then pulling on it when someone tried to pick up the cup so it darts away! was funny to see reactions

I'm really disappointed with the headliners, I was pinning my hopes to this festival having a great line up this year (as they usually do) and was planning to make the trip but not for Placebo, Killers and Coldplay, I can't think of two more bland bands out there than the last two and Placebo as headliner material, when did this happen?

I will await the rest of the line up before making a decision.

I'm really disappointed with the headliners, I was pinning my hopes to this festival having a great line up this year (as they usually do) and was planning to make the trip but not for Placebo, Killers and Coldplay, I can't think of two more bland bands out there than the last two and Placebo as headliner material, when did this happen?

I will await the rest of the line up before making a decision.

Is it easy to go to the village Werchter and buy some stuff there? For example at the Hurricane which is in Scheeßel, Germany you can just walk 10-15 minutes and then you're in Scheeßel where you can buy everything you need (meat for barbecue, alcohol, etc.) or also eat there. It is much cheaper than buying everything at the festival so I was wondering if I could do the same @RW

Is it easy to go to the village Werchter and buy some stuff there? For example at the Hurricane which is in Scheeßel, Germany you can just walk 10-15 minutes and then you're in Scheeßel where you can buy everything you need (meat for barbecue, alcohol, etc.) or also eat there. It is much cheaper than buying everything at the festival so I was wondering if I could do the same @RW

i imagine so, they're confirmed for roskilde which usually shares a lot of the bands, and the self confirmation seemed pretty solid (Half wishful thinking, i just want to see them without having to deal with the muppets that come along as well). As it is, this announcement is more than enough to make me sign up, haven't seen coldplay yet on this tour and metallica have left me in awe twice. All we need now is one of acdc (unlikely as they're all about the moolah), daft punk (just as rw usually cater with a few big dance acts) or the prodigy (same reasoning as daft punk plus they always get a crowd going :) ).

as a coheadliner i say fair enough, but that all depends, if the new album is shit and they decide to play it all and a couple of others it'll go down like a lead balloon. Reckon killers will be one of the 8? i have no idea how big they are in belgium and they were on not too high in 07 (i think that was when they last played).

As I said, prodigy, nin, maybe kanye west since his new album is brilliant (how did jay z go down last year?), faithless to play late at night would be quality as well.