Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

Self confirmations where the above.

the latest addtions to the bill are:

Nine Inch Nails, Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, The Mars Volta, The Flaming Lips, Pendulum, Laurent Garnier, Röyksopp, Mogwai, Ghinzu, Fleet Foxes, Social Distortion, Lady Gaga, Just Jack, Priscilla Ahn, M. Ward and The Hickey Underworld.

----

Donderdag 2 juli 2009

Main Stage: The Prodigy | Oasis | Placebo | Dave Matthews | Lily Allen

Pyramid Marquee: Tiga | Pendulum | Laurent Garnier | Fleet Foxes | Emiliana Torrini

Vrijdag 3 juli 2009

Main Stage: Coldplay | The Killers | Bloc Party | Elbow | Amy Macdonald | Just Jack

Pyramid Marquee: Lady Gaga | Jason Mraz | The Streets | M. Ward | Priscilla Ahn | Henry Rollins Spoken Word

Zaterdag 4 juli 2009

Main Stage: 2manydjs | Kings of Leon | Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds | Franz Ferdinand | Limp Bizkit | Social Distortion

Pyramid Marquee: Katy Perry | Mogwai

Zondag 5 juli 2009

Main Stage: Metallica | Nine Inch Nails | Kaiser Chiefs | The Mars Volta | Seasick Steve | Mastodon

Pyramid Marquee: Flaming Lips | Röyksopp | Ghinzu | The Hickey Underworld.

I can safely say, that this is the best lineup of ANY festival this summer.

Edited by Azzabaijan

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got some statistics that it's safe to go to RW and there's not a lot if any crimes that happen.

Won't be allowed otherwise :P , and it seems by far that this will be the festival with the most appropriate bands for my liking. Also I've always wanted to travel to Belgium.

One more thing, how easy would it to go from the Pyramid Marquee to the Mainstage? As I'm guessing both are playing simultaneously, The Prodigy are what I want to see at Monday at the Mainstage and would prefer having fun at the Pyramid Marquee before they play.

Anyone got some statistics that it's safe to go to RW and there's not a lot if any crimes that happen.

Won't be allowed otherwise :P , and it seems by far that this will be the festival with the most appropriate bands for my liking. Also I've always wanted to travel to Belgium.

One more thing, how easy would it to go from the Pyramid Marquee to the Mainstage? As I'm guessing both are playing simultaneously, The Prodigy are what I want to see at Monday at the Mainstage and would prefer having fun at the Pyramid Marquee before they play.

Edited by inspectedinspector

Just booked tickets so am officially counting down now. Didn't make it last year due to the Eurostar prices but 2007 was by far and away the best festival I've been to and to be honest, this year's line-up may have it beaten.

Bring it on. :P

Hi,

This will be my first year going to Rock Werchter, can someone answer some general questions for me? (sorry if these have already been answered, I've had a look but can't find answers!)

Roughly how expensive is the alcohol at the actual festival? We're traveling from Ireland and we're not sure how much alcohol we'll be able to bring with us.

Also we won't be arriving until Thursday evening, we were going to buy our camping tickets online for campsite A3 but after reading some of the advice posted here I'm not sure, would we be ok waiting until we actually arrive to pay for camping?

Last question, what's the shower situation actually like? In other words, realistically how much of a queue is there? And also I've been to festivals before where the toilets are unusable after an hour! Is it as bad here?! And are there many/any sockets that can be used near the shower area too?

Thanks for your help :unsure:

Hey guys im going wercher this year! after 4 years of rock am ring time for a change!

The line up is amazing was just wondering when its is likely to sell out? as we booked the eurostar just need tickets but money is tight at the moment.

Edited by Mr.S

Will hopefully be coming this year for the first time. Realised the line up is probably the best i've seen this year, unfortunately i had already bought 2 T in the Park tickets which i now have to sell before i can get Rock werchter ones.

Has anyone been to T in the park and Rock Werhcter before? How do they compare, and how is the campsite nightlife at Werchter?