Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

hi there :blink:

is it real? i've heard the camping tickets we can buy at the festival day don't include a3/a4. i wish your advice is true and that is wrong. because i have a3 but my friends don't. my friends are concerned about how to exchange... :(

Edited by Mr.S

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets and flights (via Amsterdam) booked up.

Cant wait was brilliant last year. Is it easy enough to get a train from Amsterdam - Leuven?

Also does anyone know how strict they are on use of the free train in Belgium with your ticket. We will be travelling down on the Wednesday but my tickets says the free travel in Belgium is only from Thursday to Monday?

Tickets and flights (via Amsterdam) booked up.

Cant wait was brilliant last year. Is it easy enough to get a train from Amsterdam - Leuven?

Also does anyone know how strict they are on use of the free train in Belgium with your ticket. We will be travelling down on the Wednesday but my tickets says the free travel in Belgium is only from Thursday to Monday?

No one really knows, this is the first year they've done it where you can buy specific camping tickets.

A3 could be fully sold out, or it could be sold out of E tickets, if its just sold out of Etickets, then all you need to do is go to A3 and pay 22€ instead of showing a ticket, if its already fully sold out, then you wont be allowed pay in.

Same goes for A4.

Theres a very very slim chance, that if you go to A3 and it is indeed fully sold out, and explain your situation they might allow you to pay in, since your with friends etc, but this generally only happens if everyone else in your group has tickets to the campsite and you dont, so you'd be left in a campsite on your own. If it was me, i wouldn't chance arriving at Werchter with different tickets then your friends expecting to be allowed into the same on, it'l just end up bad.

My advice: sell your A3 tickets, and all of you buy A4 e-tickets, your all guranteed to be with each other then.

No Point heading down to the camping site on Wednesday.

"Camp sites open at 08:00 AM on Thursday (not one minute before) and remain open until Monday at noon. It is strictly forbidden to pitch your tent on Wednesday. You will be sent away. If you like it or not, Rock Werchter causes a great deal of inconvenience to the people of Werchter. Thanks to a climate of collaboration and mutual understanding, Rock Werchter and local residents have always been able to maintain a decent relationship, and we like to keep it that way."

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practicalInf...dex.aspx?id=434

Cheers, I emant down from Amsterdam to Leuven on the Wednesday, not Wrchter. last year stayed in Brussels Wed night and travelled through on Thu morning but this year was thinking heading straight to Leuven Wed night and either get a hotel or stay in a bar till buses start up.

So wasnt sure if need to book a train from A'Dam - Leuven or just first stop in Belgium

I noticed this yesterday, thought it must just be a web fault, but now its been updated again, where are the Flaming Lips? :)

And metallica take 50 minutes to set up their stage :) But that takes time away from NIN :) And there are some awful clashes...

I know I said earlier in this thread I'm going, but I've decided against it, plus I didn't buy the ticket... It clashes with a holiday my friends are going on too. My european festival this year will either be Lowlands or Pukkelpop hopefully :) But it's still a good festival and line up, so I'm sure you'll have a great time, will be checking this thread out after its finished to hear your experiences!

Edited by inspectedinspector

I noticed this yesterday, thought it must just be a web fault, but now its been updated again, where are the Flaming Lips? :rolleyes:

And metallica take 50 minutes to set up their stage :huh: But that takes time away from NIN B) And there are some awful clashes...

I know I said earlier in this thread I'm going, but I've decided against it, plus I didn't buy the ticket... It clashes with a holiday my friends are going on too. My european festival this year will either be Lowlands or Pukkelpop hopefully :) But it's still a good festival and line up, so I'm sure you'll have a great time, will be checking this thread out after its finished to hear your experiences!