Rock Werchter 2009

Guest mark_87

Yeah Everyone ordering tickets outside of Belgium has to use e-tickets, and only a3 and c3 will take e-tickets.

a3 is good though, lots of showers/toilets/supermarket/10-15 min walk to the festival, and its just off the mainroad, so you get all the bars.

Im just not sure i fancy being with all the international people.

But if you dont want to go to a3 or c3, just buy a camping ticket on the day you arrive, at the campsite you want, itl only cost 3€ more, so 20€

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I was planning to join rock wercher 2009, but some questions have came to my mind and I haven't found the answers from the website.

I would be pleased if somebody had the answers...

-Do Rock Werchter have any age limits?

-Is there an isolated area for alcohol or can I bring my own drinks to the festival area?

-If there's a special area for drinks, am I allowed to buy beer even though I'm under 18?

We have strict age limits in Finland, that's why I'm asking...

Hello,

I was planning to join rock wercher 2009, but some questions have came to my mind and I haven't found the answers from the website.

I would be pleased if somebody had the answers...

-Do Rock Werchter have any age limits?

-Is there an isolated area for alcohol or can I bring my own drinks to the festival area?

-If there's a special area for drinks, am I allowed to buy beer even though I'm under 18?

We have strict age limits in Finland, that's why I'm asking...

Updated lineup:

2 Many DJ's, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Prodigy, Tiga, Katy Perry, Jason Mraz, Seasick Steve, Emiliana Torrini, Henry Rollins Spoken Word.

Lineup so far:

Sunday 2nd July:

Main Stage: The Prodigy | Oasis | Placebo | Dave Matthews Band

Pyramid Marquee: Tiga | Emiliana Torrini

Friday 3rd July:

Main Stage: Coldplay | The Killers | Bloc Party | Elbow | Amy Macdonald

Pyramid Marquee: Jason Mraz | The Streets | Henry Rollins Spoken Word

Saturday 4th July

Main Stage: 2manydjs | Kings of Leon | Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds | Franz Ferdinand | Limp Bizkit

Pyramid Marquee: Katy Perry

Sunday 5th July:

Main Stage: Metallica | Seasick Steve | Mastodon

I would class Slipknot as a highly likely band to play. There is one headliner space left, under Metallica on Sunday (as I assume Seasick Steve isn't the co-headliner), and Slipknot are playing at Ruisrock Festival on Friday and Roskilde on Saturday, with a space on Sunday. I don't know about anyone else, but those signs strongly point towards them playing. ^_^

just to keep the rumours circulating, here's the lineup for open'er festival in poland, which runs the same dates as werchter so hopefully a bit of crossover

Arctic Monkeys Basement Jaxx Buraka Som Sistema Crystal Castles Duffy Gossip Kings Of Leon Madness Moby Placebo Speed Caravan The Kooks The Ting Tings

arctic monkeys, basement jazz, crystal castles, madness yes please!

also nin, jane's addiction, faith no more would be amazing additions, since all these bands are seemingly in europe at the time of werchter.

My friend went to RW either 2008 or 2007 (I think 2007) and he advised me not to go. He went with a lot of people but he said the atmosphere was no good and that in the campsite at night time everybody was always telling them to be quiet. Boring Belgian F***ers was the exact phrase he used. Me and my mates are quite a noisy bunch so if anyone has a comment about this please let me know. I read somewhere else that A3 is a good party campsite so if we got in there that would be fine.

Also, at pinkpop there was a dance tent in 2 of the campsites that kicked off with some decent acts after the main festival ended. It went on right into the early hours. Is there something similar at RW?

Another thing, we all went to pinkpop last year. It was a quality line up and we all had a great time. Part of what was good was that we all had our weed from a coffee shop in Amsterdam and were able to sit on the grass and smoke away in the sunshine. Much better than nearly getting thrown out of oxegen for having half a spliff! I've heard that in Belgium weed is tolerated just like in Holland and it is okay to smoke it at RW but is it pretty easy to pick some up when there? Some of the guys are even considering flying to Holland and getting the train down to Belgium just so they can have something to smoke!

Ah yes, I remember now that A3 and C3 are the only available campsites on the web. A3 is fine by me. Does anyone have any idea when this will sell out? Also, If you have a ticket for A3, does that mean you will be able to pitch your tent there even if you arrive late in the evening?