Big Chill 2009

Guest TalkShow Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem getting any response here is that you're a Gooner..... I'd have thought some people know, but just don't want to tell you....

Try a new log on, this time with a picture of a spurs legend like David Howells, or Nayim - see how that goes.....

I went to The Big Chill in 2004, so my memories of it are hazy, but I really enjoyed it.

Am thinking about getting a ticket for this year. Admittedly I am partly motivated by not wanting to lose my Guinness World Record (I was one of the 1,227 zombies in Nottingham city centre last Halloween, and want to be one of the thousands at The Big Chill's attempt this year)

Just looking at good places to camp....will want to be up quite late so want to be where its quite lively....and also how much do they search if you are perhaps taking some "smarties" in there?

Is there anything to look out for thats not open to the naked eye?

What sort of food do they have down there ?

Prices of things on site?

How late does the music go on for ? - Is it possible to party 24 hrs or is it the kind of festival that dies down by 2am or so ?

:(

Am trying me hardest to get to this festy. In talks with the stewarding crew at the mo. Have half booked my travel for it as well.

The Cider Bus is there??? Wootwoot! Joy! I dont have to wait 50 long weeks til my next Hot & Spicy. Bloody brilliant.

TSU you deffo going to this?

Looks like this is back on the cards for me, although i'll probably be stewarding. Knowing one of the steward managers has helped get things sorted :(

Do we know if the cider bus is definitely going to be there this year? B)

It says so on the map, there's a big red shiny bus right in the middle, labeled Cider Bus. It's very close to the main stage too.

http://www.bigchill.net/media/BigChill.pdf

Cider bus is in the same place this year by the map? Just round the corner from the Disco Shed :rolleyes:

Big Chill is always fun. Have worked it and attended and always had a great laugh.

Have a great time folks - Cant get the time off this year.

(ps - disco shed, disco shed, disco shed!)

sundaynight.jpg

Edited by smog

Purple is your best bet although they are all quite loud nowadays. Just avoid family and quiet camping.

Depends how open your eyes are- Make it to the arts trial and some good stuff being lined up by Mix Master Morris in the body and soul area

Prices are normal festival prices - Pricey- beer is a fair amount £3.5 a pint If I remeber and food from £5 up but it really is good Nosh of various types, no Burger vans and such

Music - Main stages go on until 1 to 1.30 then the coop I think is 4am as well as the smaller tents. Then there's the bimbling and talk bollocks to stangers then all of a sudden the sun's up.

Just realised how patronising my post appears to be. It wasn't meant to be patronising at all, if it came across to you in that manner, I apologise.

Blue carpark

There was going to be a Purple carpark this year, but they couldn't get it agreed. There are trolleys for hire at Blue carpark, £5 per half hour, money goes to Amnesty International.

Eh up Big Chilled People.......we're longtime festi goers but never been to the Chill...

Question - where do you in-the-know crew reckon we should park/camp. Need to get away at stupid-o'clock monday morning so we need defo need a good sleep that night so quiet camping area is crossing my mind (there's a first time for everything)....also we are old and gnarled and don't wanna have to scale this uberhill I keep hearing about if possible.........

....so whaddya reckon?....looking at their site I'm thinking red carpark/quiet camping or green carpark/green camp.........input much appreciated cheers...and where is the hill?

Edited by Dreadsexy

Red carpark has sold out of tickets.

The hill is between blue campsite and the 'arena', but think there is also a hill of death between red carpark and red campsite.

Green campsite used to be the family / quiet camping, so would probably be your best bet.

Can't wait for the Chill! Gonna be ace...Been looking at the site again today and keep looking at countdowns...so near but yet so far....

Still sorting out how I'm getting there - but that's a minor problem :lol:

As an aside, has anyone entered the Sailor Jerry Mix Legend competition to be a DJ at the festival?

Just entered on the Sailor Jerry website - you just have to enter your top festival tunes - and then they get judged - the winner gets to play to the Big Chill crowd (in the Sailor Jerry bar)

Has anyone else seen it or entered? If you want to enter (and challenge me :D) - it's on the website - www.sailorjerry.co.uk/bigchill. Definitely looked worth a go!

Now to sort out the camping gear....