Big Chill 2009

Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and of course Gong on Sunday night !

When does everyone arrive - is it like Glasto where most folk arrive on first day - in this case Thursday ? I am hoping to come Friday pm but slightly worried will miss best spots to park campervan in !

Yeah i'd say most arrive thursday.

I think more people than usual will be arriving on the Thursday, due to the "I spit in your rave" zombie Guinness world record attempt / filming.

except you can't see both Gong and David Byrne - they clash.

Both Bloom and BGG ticket holders can get into Big Chill for free.

What is the Big Chill getting out of offering free passes to people who bought tickets to failed festivals?

Am I wrong in assuming they will not get any money from the original organiser (as they are no longer solvent businesses)?

It's not true that Bloom or BGG ticket holders can get into Big Chill for free - there are conditions on those offers, which include the ticket holders handing over some cash. The amount might be far smaller than the full ticket price, but they're not free.

I don't know for sure but presume that what these festivals are getting out of it is publicity and goodwill, rather than any money from those not-happening festivals. They're certainly getting publicity from their offers, and I'd guess that the festivals making the offers hope to turn any people that take them up into next-year customers, and so benefit via that.

My understanding is that The Big Chill will be given the refund for BGG and Bloom tickets, rather than the original ticket holder getting the refund, if the ticket holder attends The Big Chill.

Just looked at some Big Chill photos. Is it just a trick of the light or is it an incredibly clean festival?

Congratulations to everyone who keeps it that way. I'd like to think it's the festival goers themselves........

Edited by greenfairy43

Just looked at some Big Chill photos. Is it just a trick of the light or is it an incredibly clean festival?

Congratulations to everyone who keeps it that way. I'd like to think it's the festival goers themselves........

it's probably the cleanest festival going - it's operated a 'leave no trace' policy from when it was a small fest, and that's managed to stay with it as it's grown.

Mind you, the Guardian readers each morning aren't always so good at picking up the paper after they've read it. :(

They must have been breathing a big sigh of relief about the weather - another day of rain and it would have turned into a quagmire I reckon but it turned just in time.

It was a lush weekend - enjoyed it more than last year when I followed the Sunrise folk there for the first time.

Photos online soonish