Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Iron lady reminded me of a facebook status I read that made me smile:

I'd only agree with a state funeral for thatcher if she was buried alive.

The film was disjointed, deliberately playing events out of order to give a better impression that there was reason behind actions that didn't exist.

I'd like to see a Bliar movie next, not necessarily a beheading, but you know....

In unrelated film news, Dredd delivered the goods. I want to go on and on about it, but I don't want to because people need to see for themselves. I only saw the first trailer and that is like one teeny tiny scene in the film really, so don't get the impression that it is going to be anything like that. It's the kind of film you could watch a few times just to catch the references to the mega city mythology.

That was also a minor gripe of mine, to be honest, but so minor in comparison to how right they got the lawgiver, how their take on the uniform worked well and so on.

Rufus mentioned that if this one is a success there are plans for further films including dark Judges. Bring that on please! Also Rogue trooper and Johnny Alpha, just for me.

I loved Dredd, it's just a solid good film unlike a lot of good films I've seen this year that have been great but flawed. Loved the use of 3D effects in it, probably the 1st time I've thought I must see this film in 3D again. Those bikes were cheap as hell looking tho.

Looks like I'll be going to the cinema twice this weekend then - Dredd and Paranorman. It'll be bloody expensive mind, both being in 3D. However as jump said aboce, if Dredd's worth it then that's fine with me. And Paranorman just looks like it should really work in 3D!

Yes, Dredd makes 3d look good. I don't normally watch 3d (I have lousy eyesight and wear glasses with complex lenses, so have to wear the 3d glasses over the top and while the effect "sort of" works for me, it doesn't work quite right and I get double vision) but this film has plenty of wow factor with flying particles and people flying into/out of the view.

Don't read the below if you haven't seen the film yet

I really liked how they largely ignored showing us much of mega city one, the majority of the mythology and concentrated on 2 judges inside a block, preventing the film from being cluttered with trying to fit too much in. This gives Dredd a chance of having a longer term future, unveiling more to us as films come out. I want to see chopper (loved the moment with the graffiti, also noticed a kenny who?), dark judges, Judge cal's war and the whole Dredd cast out into the cursed earth scenario. There is plenty of scope to show more and I personally cannot wait.

Plus, I bet Rufus' Anderson doll got a workout :P They got her just right at the rookie stage, perfect to build on for the future, imo

RT in developement? A little bit of man wee just got spilled.

I can understand why people would be unimpressed with the uniforms, however for me I thought they worked really well as a real world variant which didn't detract too much from the original design. Things like the chain connecting the badge and the eagle/pads ARE iconic and lost, but I was still happy about the design they gave us.