Bag tags

MattR88

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

Just write on a bit of tape. Tagging doesn't save on any time in airports, won't save time here. Daft idea.

It will save time if they are handing out tags on arrival for people to write out and put on their bags which I guess they might well do if they are that keen on the idea.  The untagged (or tapped or labelled in some way) are likely to slow down the getting in process further

Edited by Bubblecup

1 hour ago, Bubblecup said:

It will save time if they are handing out tags on arrival for people to write out and put on their bags which I guess they might well do if they are that keen on the idea.  The untagged (or tapped or labelled in some way) are likely to slow down the getting in process further

If by save time you mean add heaps of time on then I agree.

Firstly, if they're asking for bags to be tagged because of the recent goings on in Manchester etc then why would people argue against it?! Just get it done and question why it was necessary after putting your tents up and having a can. 

Secondly, what about my beers?! I'm guessing they'll need to be tagged aswell?! Now that does seems crazy, but if it's advised, I'll do it. Don't want to be that dick who stubbornly doesn't just because they don't like the whole tagging idea. 

You've been asked to do a relatively simple, cheap task by the organisers of the best party in the world and people are moaning about it. Unbelievable.

Yes, it may take 5 mins

Yes, it may cost you a pound

Compare that to the hours we spend on this forum discussing said party, and the amount we spend on tickets?

They already have our details on record. 

They are not trying to disadvantage us by giving us menial tasks - this is, in one way or another to help our security from people out there who want to stop our enjoyment of events like this.

Suck it up team. You're just moaning for the sake of moaning. God help those around you over the weekend if you actually have something legitimate to moan about.

Rant over, have a great festival everyone.

Hi

It says tag all bags & belongings seems excessive, I was going to tag bags, sleeping bag etc but not beer, drinks etc wondered how others are tagging?

My husband read its because they are expecting a lot of things to be separated from owners in the searches ( really hope this is just the press talking) we cant find the article where he read this now it may have been a Somerset or West country newspaper article not sure just hope its not going to hold the queues up too much.

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

You've been asked to do a relatively simple, cheap task by the organisers of the best party in the world and people are moaning about it. Unbelievable.

Yes, it may take 5 mins

Compare that to the hours we spend on this forum discussing said party, and the amount we spend on tickets?

They are not trying to disadvantage us by giving us menial tasks - this is, in one way or another to help our security from people out there who want to stop our enjoyment of events like this.

Suck it up team. You're just moaning for the sake of moaning. God help those around you over the weekend if you actually have something legitimate to moan about.

Exactly.  Well put Tommy.....have another upvote.

"We would also ask you to put luggage tags on all of your bags and belongings with your name and mobile number, so that we can identify them as yours. Also, please do not wrap your bags / kit in the thick plastic wrap you sometimes see at airports. Your bags will need to be accessible for searches."

I'd say you need to tag your bags/containers, and belongings if they are not within that bag (i.e. if your tents/other large camping equipment etc is separate). Stuff in bags should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

"We would also ask you to put luggage tags on all of your bags and belongings with your name and mobile number, so that we can identify them as yours. Also, please do not wrap your bags / kit in the thick plastic wrap you sometimes see at airports. Your bags will need to be accessible for searches."

I'd say you need to tag your bags/containers, and belongings if they are not within that bag (i.e. if your tents/other large camping equipment etc is separate). Stuff in bags should be fine.

All our stuff will be in plastic boxes or vacuum bags bungee'd to the trolley, and each of those boxes/bags, plus trolley, will be labelled.

12 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

All our stuff will be in plastic boxes or vacuum bags bungee'd to the trolley, and each of those boxes/bags, plus trolley, will be labelled.

Will label & tag all of ours too seems best to go with it

50 minutes ago, debted said:

Hi

It says tag all bags & belongings seems excessive, I was going to tag bags, sleeping bag etc but not beer, drinks etc wondered how others are tagging?

My husband read its because they are expecting a lot of things to be separated from owners in the searches ( really hope this is just the press talking) we cant find the article where he read this now it may have been a Somerset or West country newspaper article not sure just hope its not going to hold the queues up too much.

To me that would make most sense. I think people are being naive thinking its to reunite people with lost bags. Airports are at a much greater risk from terrorist attacks and bags left on their own would be if far greater concern, yet we aren't asked to, or obliged to tag them when we go on holiday, we do it for our own benefit because our bags leave our sides for a long time. Who here has tagged their bag at Glastonbury before this year? I'd say nobody, because you're never separated from them and never leave them alone so why would anybody even consider it.

33 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

To me that would make most sense. I think people are being naive thinking its to reunite people with lost bags. Airports are at a much greater risk from terrorist attacks and bags left on their own would be if far greater concern, yet we aren't asked to, or obliged to tag them when we go on holiday, we do it for our own benefit because our bags leave our sides for a long time. Who here has tagged their bag at Glastonbury before this year? I'd say nobody, because you're never separated from them and never leave them alone so why would anybody even consider it.

Yeah but in previous years the security/police may not necessarily have been on high alert at the sight of a big ole unattended rucksack.  This year they will.

I've bought tags to put on my kit in the hope that it shows willing and reduces the chance of you getting picked for a full turn-all-your-kit-out search which would be a ball ache.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  They've asked that you do it, so just get on with it.

17 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Yeah but in previous years the security/police may not necessarily have been on high alert at the sight of a big ole unattended rucksack.  This year they will.

This is a very good point. It simply makes sense for people to have their bags easily identifiable.

One of the likely scenarios is 8 - 10 search lanes running parallel, bags on tables. Perhaps even separate tents where some bags are grouped and circled by explosives dogs. The logistics will obviously vary, but the premise is the same, in that a bag will need to be returned to its owner, and no one wants to be dealing with an unattended / left-behind / abandoned bag that doesn't have any contact details on it. The latter part would be a concern for this year only, so previous year's feelings /procedures/non-procedures are irrelevant. 

I splashed up to 4 poundingtons on a decent luggage tag for my main rucksack, and will probably amateur-tag my camelback with a sharpie or other.

Lots of people getting all Orwell and complaining about names being out there for all to see. Your name is on your ticket, and there will almost certainly be facial recognition technology in place at some stage during the security procedures. This is a good thing, as it allows for intelligence sharing and increased safety of people attending the festival

Edited by SpeakingmyChanguage

10 minutes ago, SpeakingmyChanguage said:

This is a very good point. It simply makes sense for people to have their bags easily identifiable.

One of the likely scenarios is 8 - 10 search lanes running parallel, bags on tables. Perhaps even separate tents where some bags are grouped and circled by explosives dogs. The logistics will obviously vary, but the premise is the same, in that a bag will need to be returned to its owner, and no one wants to be dealing with an unattended / left-behind / abandoned bag that doesn't have any contact details on it. The latter part would be a concern for this year only, so previous year's feelings /procedures/non-procedures are irrelevant. 

I splashed up to 4 poundingtons on a decent luggage tag for my main rucksack, and will probably amateur-tag my camelback with a sharpie or other.

Lots of people getting all Orwell and complaining about names being out there for all to see. Your name is on your ticket, and there will almost certainly be facial recognition technology in place at some stage during the security procedures. This is a good thing, as it allows for intelligence sharing and increased safety of people attending the festival

I think this is the point I was trying to make though, the tags are more because there could be some separation from your bags in the first place, not people just leaving them through stupidity. As you suggest we may actually have to leave them somewhere, or group them with other bags to be searched and be separated from them. I think this is the point some people are missing.

5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Yes, it may take 5 mins

Upvote on its way.