Hutchmaster

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, Kris1980 said:

I had terrible problems with the Guardian comp. Last Sunday I tried Asda in Eastbourne who after ten minutes of keeping me waiting said my barcode was invaild. I then went to a one stop down the road (you need a retailer with a paypoint) who read the comp details and said it seemed quite easy and put it through no problem. The 15p is for the retailer as they receive a credit for putting the entry through as it costs them per transaction. They then keep the receipt for reconciliation. I then went to my local Asda the next day and even though they didn't know anything about it and where going to send me away at first put it through after I explained the process. Luckily the lady seemed to advise the other members of staff and it has been easier ever since. It has been a nightmare of a comp though. They call me Glasto girl in Asda now! I'm gutted as my partner is a photographer and has managed to get in on a press pass this year. I have been unlucky in every sale after being lucky for three years in a row. I'm gutted but trying everything I can, even kidding myself that I might win a comp!

At least they're limiting entrants to people who want it badly enough to put some effort in.  You're chances are still probably slim but better than with most of the other competitions!

1 minute ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Nope, when I saw that in one of the other threads I concluded my desperate paper buying hadn't got me anywhere :(

Yeah - me too. I guess as they are giving 15 pairs away there is a slight chance they've not contacted everyone yet (presuming they contact via phone) but it seems unlikely now...

One of my close friends forgot his phone charger yesterday, and his phone ran out of juice at about 10am.  Ha had managed to get all but 2 of the qualifying Guardians/Observers purchases scanned.  We checked his emails, nothing.  He got home from work at 7 and had a voicemail from a lady at the Guardian asking him to ring her back.  No reply on the number last night, so he's left a voicemail and text, but we've got everything crossed for him this morning!

09:25 - Win confirmed!!  So pleased for him and his mate.

Edited by Greenelk

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Nope, when I saw that in one of the other threads I concluded my desperate paper buying hadn't got me anywhere :(

Oh gutted. I hoped as they had made it so hard to enter, I might actually stand a chance.lol. Pleased for others though

4 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Had an email from GWR for their competition for a pair of tickets - email just arrived, couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Will post the link later if i get chance

I put it in the secret resales thread last night :) and it's the post above yours! 

Edited by Lucy92

24 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Haha, now I see it! Was rushing to get it posted before heading off to the hospital, saw that link but scanned it very quickly and missed the GWR part - better to post twice than not at all I guess Lucy

Definitely!!! 

• 2 weeks later...