Coach pickup and dropoff

Adamon

Is Seetickets Leicester coach from St. Margaret's or just the National Express one and anyone know what time it left last year.

Got a Thursday ticket and hopefully it wont be so late I'll end up camped by the long drops.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Is Seetickets Leicester coach from St. Margaret's or just the National Express one and anyone know what time it left last year.

Got a Thursday ticket and hopefully it wont be so late I'll end up camped by the long drops.

The last couple of years the SEE coach has left from Life/Sosho nightclub. I think the times were approx 4:30am and 3pm but not 100%.

Slightly off topic - but don't want to start a new thread for what is probably a simple answer...

Having to change plans and arrive on Thursday night separate from our main group who are getting there Wednesday... Issue is there's now no coaches from Manchester on that day that I can make, and I will likely have to get the train which arrives at Castle Cary at 22:15... which is tricky as the shuttle stops at 22:30 and that's an uncomfortably fine margin for error if my train is delayed.

Has anyone ever got the shuttle busses at this time? Do they run a little bit later than scheduled? Or is there any other means of getting from Castle Cary to the site?
Thanks!

Edited by FrancisH

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered, I've never had a coach ticket before:

One of our group, who lives in Oz at the moment, was successful with a coach from Birmingham package. I understand that the pick up is Hill Street (?) - is the pick up time out yet? Will he receive it in an email if not, or do you have to keep a lookout for it? Thanks in advance.

He'll get an email about a month before which is his coach ticket and will give the details of which time and coach he's on - last year there were about three different ones going at the same time but with different numbers.  I'm fairly certain there was more than one departure time from Birmingham too.  He'll need the email with the scanning code on it and some sort of ID to get his festival ticket - I think a debit/credit card is enough, it doesn't have to be photo ID.  But it says in the email so get him to read it thoroughly in case it's changed.  Last year one guy didn't have ID with him and the coach driver refused to give him his ticket.  I think it would be sorted out on site but I wouldn't want to risk it!

15 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

I'm leaving from cambridge and pick up point is just off parkers piece i hope. me and my daughter been to have a look to see how long it will take us to get there from train st.. It was not a bad walk but might just taxi it to the pickup as i know i will end up carrying my daughter's backpack..:(

Screenshot_2017-05-02-13-16-02.png

How old is your daughter?  Fair enough if she's a youngster but if she's an adult (or nearly) I'd expect her to carry it herself!

The walk to the coach will be the easy one. Once you arrive at the festival you'll have a more difficult slog even in bone dry weather. If it's wet it can be a very tough journey from the gate to your campsite. 

It might seem silly but you have a plastic sledge for those rare times it snows, pulling that along over grass or mud is far easier for a small child than carrying a bag plus they are light enough to be strapped to your own bag if they're not needed.

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

How old is your daughter?  Fair enough if she's a youngster but if she's an adult (or nearly) I'd expect her to carry it herself!

She's 16.. Thought as she finishes doing gcse's on friday 16th june we'd treat her to going to glasto ( big gamble as didn't know her exam timetable in oct ).. But she should carry it herself no problems if anything it prob be me getting her to carry mine :P

27 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

He'll get an email about a month before which is his coach ticket and will give the details of which time and coach he's on - last year there were about three different ones going at the same time but with different numbers.  I'm fairly certain there was more than one departure time from Birmingham too.  He'll need the email with the scanning code on it and some sort of ID to get his festival ticket - I think a debit/credit card is enough, it doesn't have to be photo ID.  But it says in the email so get him to read it thoroughly in case it's changed.  Last year one guy didn't have ID with him and the coach driver refused to give him his ticket.  I think it would be sorted out on site but I wouldn't want to risk it!

Thank you for this, really appreciate it!

18 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Thank you for this, really appreciate it!

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The walk to the coach will be the easy one. Once you arrive at the festival you'll have a more difficult slog even in bone dry weather. If it's wet it can be a very tough journey from the gate to your campsite. 

It might seem silly but you have a plastic sledge for those rare times it snows, pulling that along over grass or mud is far easier for a small child than carrying a bag plus they are light enough to be strapped to your own bag if they're not needed.

As @squirrelarmysays, the walk at the other end will be longer.  So here's another thought.  If you want to camp further than Darbles which is close to Gate A where you get dropped off by coach, check your rucksacks into the lock-up in Darble straight away.  Then you only have your tent to carry to find a spot to camp.  When you've set up that (and had a beer which of course you'll also have taken with you for just this purpose) you can stroll back to the lock-up at your leisure to retrieve your rucksacks - one at a time if necessary.

I don't know if you've been to Glastonbury before @Stokesy10but the lock-ups are free and a godsend (though do make a donation if you can).  Not just for valuables but for anything you don't want to lug around.  You can check stuff in and out as often as you want.

Edited by Beerqueen
Forgot Woodies wasn't public camping any more

34 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

She's 16.. Thought as she finishes doing gcse's on friday 16th june we'd treat her to going to glasto ( big gamble as didn't know her exam timetable in oct ).. But she should carry it herself no problems if anything it prob be me getting her to carry mine :P

My son too finishes on 16th. His first glastonbury and really looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, Adamon said:

Compiled the cities that have been discusses. Still a lot missing!

City Departure Point Extra Notes
Manchester Outside the CIS building  
Liverpool Empire Theatre  
Glasgow North Hanover Street bus bay - opposite Queen Street Station Previous pickup time has been Tues at 11pm
Taunton Tangiers Coach Park Tesco 100yds away so could get last minute supplies there.
Brighton Opposite Sealife Center  
Stoke Train station  
London O2  
Bath Riverside Coach Park  
Plymouth Car park next to Home Park (Plymouth Argyle stadium)  
Sheffield Pond Pond Hill S12BG  
Swansea The road just top of The Kingsway, by the Dragon Hotel  
Birmingham Hill Street Up the road towards the Town Hall from the John Lewis entrance of New Street
Leeds Soveriegn street, not far from the train station  

Swindon See Coaches pick up is normally Farnsby Street

Sorry - tried to edit the table but the format went screwy

2 hours ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Mine and my daughters first glastonbury and can't wait.. And i think it's just what's needed after the stress of gcse's :D

Yep. Nightmare. Where you càmping? I am thinking wicket in the hope there might be other teenagers there 

54 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Yep. Nightmare. Where you càmping? I am thinking wicket in the hope there might be other teenagers there 

Thinking about the pylon area as close to coaches and my daughter deff not a morning person.. So it might be handy monday morning pickup.. But it'll prob end up being shall we camp here no lets try over there.. ahh screw that lets set up here .. 

17 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Thinking about the pylon area as close to coaches and my daughter deff not a morning person.. So it might be handy monday morning pickup.. But it'll prob end up being shall we camp here no lets try over there.. ahh screw that lets set up here .. 

yeah I know that feeling. well inbox me if you fancy camping close if she does not know anyone

7 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

yeah I know that feeling. well inbox me if you fancy camping close if she does not know anyone

Well u could say we going solo we know absolutely no1 whos camping... She said to me the other day when she talks to the girls at her school they don't even know what glastonbury is. Then theres my daughter buzzing about silver hayes lineup.. So might get a message as my daughter loves making me look like a doofus. Her fave nickname for me at mo.. Which is better than some nicknames i've been called. 

7 hours ago, TiZuff said:

bhahahahahahha , with a glastonbury hangover aswell

I know!  We didn't realise until about 10 minutes after we left someone came from the back of the bus to tell the driver "Err I think we've left people behind!" All their stuff was on their seats (well I guess apart from handbags) and the driver was left with all their bags when we got back.  Nightmare!

22 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I know!  We didn't realise until about 10 minutes after we left someone came from the back of the bus to tell the driver "Err I think we've left people behind!" All their stuff was on their seats (well I guess apart from handbags) and the driver was left with all their bags when we got back.  Nightmare!

You mean they didn't turn back for them?!  After only ten minute!  Unbelievable.

2 hours ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Well u could say we going solo we know absolutely no1 whos camping... She said to me the other day when she talks to the girls at her school they don't even know what glastonbury is. Then theres my daughter buzzing about silver hayes lineup.. So might get a message as my daughter loves making me look like a doofus. Her fave nickname for me at mo.. Which is better than some nicknames i've been called. 

Cool. We are solo too. Might see you both there! And yeah doofus is not too bad tbf. I am basically just laughed at!