Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

They had 2 of 2013's in 2016 so i doubt he cares. And this would be 12 fucking years ago. And an incredibly strong trio, course he would.

No they certainly fucking didn't. Metallica and Tool weren't touring Europe, and Guns are doing stadiums. Your'e so fucking naive if you don't think he'd book a trio from over 12 years which would sell a ridiculous amount of tickets. I'm not sure how you haven't quite realized this, but Andy chats shit, and you're a fool to believe him.

Your calling me a fool yet I never said I bought into the idea of this happening, and your repeatedly stating that this will defiantly happen a second year in a row, I'm not being naïve, I'm just going back into the history of download and pulling out things that practically seem like would make the MOST sense within the lineup possibility for next year. And I suppose your not being naïve about your ideas, perfectly understandable. try acting more civilized when you communicate with someone over and argument that does not need to be withdrawn.  

Edited by seant007

10 minutes ago, seant007 said:

Your calling me a fool yet I never said I bought into the idea of this happening, and your repeatedly stating that this will defiantly happen a second year in a row, I'm not being naïve, I'm just going back into the history of download and pulling out things that practically seem like would make the MOST sense within the lineup possibility for next year. And I suppose your not being naïve about your ideas, perfectly understandable. try acting more civilized when you communicate with someone over and argument that does not need to be withdrawn.  

Yeah fair enough sorry bout that. Not sure what you mean by the second year in a row though

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah fair enough sorry bout that. Not sure what you mean by the second year in a row though

I apologize as well for criticizing you a bit, it's just that download does not repeat headliners twice, your improvising that download will have the same headliners as they did in 2006, which will most defiantly not happening due to the way download is run.

last year the idea of this lineup was evident just as much as it is for next year's lineup idea.

download-2006.jpg

Edited by seant007

1 hour ago, devilman said:

O rly? Did you look at the similarities of 14 and 17? Or 13 and 15? 

they're not copied, they are similar, but not copied smart guy

If you actually look at the lineups for those years of download compared to other years with similar bands you can see what I'm proving. 

Edited by seant007

Similar enough for an exact copy of the 3 headliners 12 years later not to matter. Instead of just looking at the top 3 look at the top 9 and see how many were repeated just 2/3 years later. If you know Copping you'll know that any booking principles he has go out the window when the figures add up. If the 3 headliners from 2006 are available he'll take them and get zero complaints.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Similar enough for an exact copy of the 3 headliners 12 years later not to matter. Instead of just looking at the top 3 look at the top 9 and see how many were repeated just 2/3 years later. If you know Copping you'll know that any booking principles he has go out the window when the figures add up. If the 3 headliners from 2006 are available he'll take them and get zero complaints.

There's absolutely no way that 2006's headliners will be repeated for a second time, it worked out back then because A- GNR and tool were new to download, and B- those bands were pretty much the only bands qualified for download to headline that year!

You don't seem to understand that if there's new bands like QOTSA or BMTH, or even Ax7 on the table to bring in, andy wont hesitate to put them in to headline, that's the way download runs.

And one other thing is the mere fact that these headliners don't have much difference in style, GNR, Metallica, and tool are all bands that are outdated at the moment and are quite similar considering they're all heavy metal, unless tool come out with material that scores higher than queens of the stone age's "villains" , they will most likely not be playing, they haven't done festival gigs in a long time for a reason.

There should be no arguing of this matter btw he has already put in 2 of the headliners and tool has not came out with music, they're out of the scenario, unless they will be the third headliner.  

the two that have been put in are any of these 6:

ax7

queens

Metallica

bon jovi

bmth

gnr

bon jovi will be having a European tour in 2018

Edited by seant007
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, seant007 said:

You don't seem to understand that if there's new bands like QOTSA or BMTH, or even Ax7 on the table to bring in, andy wont hesitate to put them in to headline, that's the way download runs.

There has actually been talk that BMTH were provisionally lined up as a headliner in 2016 and 2017 but in the end their slot was given to a previous headliner. If you're looking for a festival to extol for giving opportunities to new headliners or acts coming back with successful new material then this one is the wrong one.

8 hours ago, seant007 said:

There's absolutely no way that 2006's headliners will be repeated for a second time, it worked out back then because A- GNR and tool were new to download, and B- those bands were pretty much the only bands qualified for download to headline that year!

And one other thing is the mere fact that these headliners don't have much difference in style, GNR, Metallica, and tool are all bands that are outdated at the moment and are quite similar considering they're all heavy metal, unless tool come out with material that scores higher than queens of the stone age's "villains" , they will most likely not be playing, they haven't done festival gigs in a long time for a reason.

There should be no arguing of this matter btw he has already put in 2 of the headliners and tool has not came out with music, they're out of the scenario, unless they will be the third headliner.  

ax7

queens

Metallica

bon jovi

bmth

gnr

What about this year where neither SOAD nor Aerosmith had released any new material since their last visit? That trio musically aren't anything alike, Guns are hard rock, Tool are prog and Metallica Thrash, in 2016 for example that trio was unquestionably all metal, so clearly not a problem. Speaking of 2016, what about where he certainly did hesitate to bring in BMTH to headline, instead bringing in 3 repeats who hadn't released anything in years

Edited by Steve1000
  • Downvote 1

If Download can get Tool, GNR and Metallica, they are going to book those three. Simple. A7X, BMTH, QOTSA etc won't come into it if the above three are all available and good to play Download. At the end of the day, it's about shifting tickets and Tool, GNR and Metallica will do that more than any of A7X, BMTH and QOTSA. That can't even be argued. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If Download can get Tool, GNR and Metallica, they are going to book those three. Simple. A7X, BMTH, QOTSA etc won't come into it if the above three are all available and good to play Download. At the end of the day, it's about shifting tickets and Tool, GNR and Metallica will do that more than any of A7X, BMTH and QOTSA. That can't even be argued. 

You are correct but it won't happen. Tool don't give a shit about England and it's whether or not GNR feel they can get more cash or not, I'd have said BST is a very strong contender for next year, I don't see anything like stadiums ion Manchester or elsewhere. I reckon Download and R&L will be wanting them but not get them and IOW I doubt do enough business for them now.

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, seant007 said:

I don't think you've ever been to Download have you? Did you even look at line ups from the past? The way Download runs is that AC doesn't take risks and if an old established headliner s available they get the gig. It's about shifting tickets in the here and now. Nothing else matters. DYSWIDT?

• Downvote 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:49 AM, seant007 said:

ax7

queens

Metallica

bon jovi

bmth

gnr

You're talking about a festival that didn't book BMTH to headline in 2016 because Rammstein, Maiden and Sabbath were available, even though both Rammstein and Maiden both played in 2013. The same festival that has booked Black Stone Cherry to headline 2nd against Slipknot twice in a row. The same festival that booked Aerosmith, Alter Bridge and Steel Panther with Dillinger headlining 3rd on Sunday in 2014, then booked the exact same thing this year. 

Just because Download has never had the same trio of headliners before doesn't mean it won't happen at some point, the small pool of headliners dictates that it probably will happen sooner rather than later. It's not like Guns N Roses, Metallica and Tool is going to get a flood of complaints is it? The loudest complaints they got this year was that they didn't book Guns N Roses and Metallica, whilst Tool won't haven't played the UK at all in over a decade. They're not going to bump any one of those 3 for Queens of The Stone Age. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

Anyone who thinks AC wouldn't book Tool, Metallica and GnR if they were all available is absolutely delusional, doesn't matter if they had the same 3 headliners 12 years ago.

Those three acts would shift more tickets than any other set of headliners that they could realistically book.

However i don't see it happening, Metallica seem locked in, Tool probably will neglect Europe for another year and Guns N Roses will probably still see more money available in their own shows.

Metallica then two of QOTSA, BMTH and A7x, most likely BMTH and A7x imo.

• Upvote 1

I really hope it's not guns. They'd make the rest of the lineup w*nk by spunking their budget on a band that's overrated af and fronted by an absolute c**tbag.

Im going for

Metallica // Nine Inch Nails // Marylin Manson

BabyMetal

Bring me The Horizon // 21 Pilots // Parkway Drive

Ghost

Avenged Sevenfold // Stone Sour // Volbeat

Panic! At the Disco

Bloodstock : Gojira, Judas Priest, Lamb of God

Edited by Steve1000

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Metallica // Nine Inch Nails // Marilyn Manson
BabyMetal

Bring Me The Horizon // 21 Pilots // Parkway Drive
Ghost

Avenged Sevenfold // Stone Sour // Volbeat
Panic! At the Disco

NIN would be fantastic! Those guys need to drop some UK dates soon. I'd love to see them headline, although it's pretty unlikely I think. 

21 Pilots strike me as destined for R&L if they're available next summer. Enter Shikari would fit nicely into the sub spot on that Saturday. 

I'm still hopeful for Tenacious D.

16 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

NIN would be fantastic! Those guys need to drop some UK dates soon. I'd love to see them headline, although it's pretty unlikely I think. 

21 Pilots strike me as destined for R&L if they're available next summer. Enter Shikari would fit nicely into the sub spot on that Saturday. 

I'm still hopeful for Tenacious D.

It would be, though I've heard somewhere that Trent doesn't like to play heavy festivals, but this is clearly their most suited place in the UK nowadays so he should just swallow his pride.

I'd agree 21 pilots are more suited to Reading but I can see Andy booking them to make a stand about Downlod being down with the kids or some shite