Surf's Up

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this whole thread: bit of a roller coaster! Went from thinking they were were a possibility to nailed on to probably not going to happen. Or if it does then just on a Friday, when I'll be at Radiohead :(

Seen Prodigy loads and they used to be one of my favourite bands. Always cracking live. Milton Keynes In 2010 a personal highlight (saw Blur in 2009). Jilted is one of my favourite albums of all time too. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just read this whole thread: bit of a roller coaster! Went from thinking they were were a possibility to nailed on to probably not going to happen. Or if it does then just on a Friday, when I'll be at Radiohead :(

Seen Prodigy loads and they used to be one of my favourite bands. Always cracking live. Milton Keynes In 2010 a personal highlight (saw Blur in 2009). Jilted is one of my favourite albums of all time too. Oh well. 

Same here, multiple counts.

Im one of the washed up meffs that wish LH would make a record aimed as much at the head as the guts. Jilted the last (and only) time he did that.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Same here, multiple counts.

Im one of the washed up meffs that wish LH would make a record aimed as much at the head as the guts. Jilted the last (and only) time he did that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like the later stuff (and the earlier stuff), but that album is a work of art. The Narcotic Suite is sublime. 

10 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Right...

They are playing Rock in Evreux on the 24th, but Solidays is listed first on their tour dates - so that suggests must be playing that on the 23rd?

So probably Sunday or nothing?

There is nothing to say that the Solidays date isn't on Sunday, I'd have some problem believing they'll play again though if it's not this year.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

There is nothing to say that the Solidays date isn't on Sunday, I'd have some problem believing they'll play again though if it's not this year.

Well, there isn't... but tour listings do tend to be chronological and they have put the Solidays listing before the other festival (where we know they are playing Saturday). 

Although looking at the website again that ordering may not be a conscious listing.... they haven't updated Evereux with the Saturday details so it probably is just be the decision of an Event Calendar widget rather than a manual choice.

Edited by strummer77

9 minutes ago, Surf's Up said:

They're performing at another French festival on the 1st of July.

http://www.lanuitdelerdre.fr/

I think they are Friday, off to France then having a break for a few days over there before playing again. There is a gap but not sure if they would do France for two then Glasto and back to France.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think they are Friday, off to France then having a break for a few days over there before playing again. There is a gap but not sure if they would do France for two then Glasto and back to France.

Hope it's not Friday, but it's not bad reasoning. Guess it's just my destiny not to see The Prodge at the farm. 

23 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Hmmm I really don't know. If is on the Friday I really don't care about a clash with Radiohead. I know others on here feel differently though and it would be a disaster clash. My gut is saying they aren't coming to the farm.

I'm not sure your gut feeling is wrong but I'm hoping it is. Other side of the coin is they get booked for Sunday night and I miss them anyway. But I imagine seeing as we know RB will be Friday if playing which I imagine they are and given other acts I can't see it not being Other sub, the chances of a dance headliner above them is quite likely. They could of course be 3rd but I'm still in the boat of a more an older act.

21 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Hmmm I really don't know. If is on the Friday I really don't care about a clash with Radiohead. I know others on here feel differently though and it would be a disaster clash. My gut is saying they aren't coming to the farm.

They last did 3 shows in 3 nights in 2015 (actually 4 shows in 5 nights), so it's not beyond beyond the realms of possibility but I'm with you, I don't think it's happening again this year. Those 3 in a row were 2 nights at Wembley and 1 in Birmingham, plus I think GF have designs on giving the Other Stage headline slot to acts that haven't done it before. Looks like I'll have to settle for a Pukkelpop appearance

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Surf's Up said:

They've not been announced for Creamfields or Reading and Leeds.

Hopes of a Glastonbury appearance have been raised again although I suppose there's a possibility they may not do any UK festivals this year.

V Festival line up is released on Monday. 

I don't know of any times especially with them that don't include a UK date when in Europe. If V Fest doesn't have them then it must be Glasto.