Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Szigetfanatic said:

Which artists can be expect for sziget? I am remembering 2015 when they annoucned kings of leon in june. So still everything could happen. Eminem or Foo Fighters would be nice.

There are coming a lot more names soon i heared. 

Foo Fighters will play in Budapest, in June.

I still think that most likely we'll get one of RHCP, Rammstein, Placebo or Mumford & Sons.

I saw on another forum that Highfield Festival from Germany, which takes place between 18 and 20 August, will also announce an "anniversary headliner" this week. It could be the same headliner as Sziget's last one. We'll see what happens next...

1 minute ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Foo Fighters will play in Budapest, in June.

I still think that most likely we'll get one of RHCP, Rammstein, Placebo or Mumford & Sons.

I saw on another forum that Highfield Festival from Germany, which takes place between 18 and 20 August, will also announce an "anniversary headliner" this week. It could be the same headliner as Sziget's last one. We'll see what happens next...

Out of those names hopefully its placebo :wub:

After Khalifa and Macklemore I doubt that Eminem will be the next headliner. 

I'm still convinced it's Mumford & Sons, cause Sziget doesn't have a plan to announce artists. They announced Biffy just now, months after all the other festivals. 

There's also the strong possibility that the Highfield Anniversary Headliner won't play at Sziget, as Highfield starts august 18 so acts from american festivals (that are ruled out for Sziget) have time to come back in Europe 

Highfield Festival announced Die Toten Hosen as their "anniversary headliner", so if they'll play Sziget, I bet they won't headline. They would be cool for the A38 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM spot from the 12th of August, though.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

hey guys,
i`m happy to hopefully see you all in August on Island of Freedom. I bought Sziget Tickets together with my girlfriend. Unfortunately we are divorced now. I would even like to spend my summer at Sziget. Is anyone interested to have one more member in his festival group? I will be there the whole time (7day pass+moving in 3 days) and will have my tent in general camping area.

Hope to see you and Rock n`Roll to all of you <3

Is anyone else getting a 'bad request' page when they try to access the main Sziget site?

I have been trying to look because to me the Facebook and Twitter feeds do not indicate whether The Chainsmokers are the final headliner. It only says 'added to the line up' and 'are coming to Sziget'. The announcement also seems very low key for a final headliner, and I am sure the final headliner was announced later last year - maybe June?

Where have people seen that The Chainsmokers are a headliner? I'm not clutching at straws, it honestly doesn't bother me, there is as much to keep me happy as last year but that is my personal taste. I'm just curious.

13 minutes ago, amfy said:

Is anyone else getting a 'bad request' page when they try to access the main Sziget site?

I have been trying to look because to me the Facebook and Twitter feeds do not indicate whether The Chainsmokers are the final headliner. It only says 'added to the line up' and 'are coming to Sziget'. The announcement also seems very low key for a final headliner, and I am sure the final headliner was announced later last year - maybe June?

Where have people seen that The Chainsmokers are a headliner? I'm not clutching at straws, it honestly doesn't bother me, there is as much to keep me happy as last year but that is my personal taste. I'm just curious.

Sziget Italia facebook

1 minute ago, Szigetfanatic said:

Yes, big disapointment for 25. sziget in my opinion

Agree specially because this summes there are plenty of band touring better than Chainsmokers & co.

only for comparison, headliners of last 6 years:

2012. Placebo, Korn, Stone Roses, Snoop Dogg, The Killers

2013. Nick Cave, Biffy Clyro, Blur, Mika, David Guetta.

2014. Blink 182, Qotsa, Placebo, Macklemore, Korn, Prodigy, Outkast.

2015. Robbie Williams, Florence Machine, Alt-j, Ellie Goulding, Kasabian, Kol, Limp Bizkit.

2016. Chemical Bros, Rihanna, Manu Chao, Muse, Guetta, Sia, Tlsp.

2017. Pink, Macklemore, Kasabian, Wiz Khalifa, Major Lazer, Dimitri Vegas etc, Chainsmokers.

From 2013 last day has something like a coheadlining structure because of the "end show".

The schedule is now on the website and the Sunday and Monday have 'coming soon!' in the sub headliner slot. As they are both under DJs could this been an option for some more fairly big rock acts? If there was a couple more akin to Biffy that could effectively headline the festival but don't, that'd be great!

I have about 24 acts I can see based on the schedule so far, that's not too bad!

14 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

The schedule is now on the website and the Sunday and Monday have 'coming soon!' in the sub headliner slot. As they are both under DJs could this been an option for some more fairly big rock acts? If there was a couple more akin to Biffy that could effectively headline the festival but don't, that'd be great!

I have about 24 acts I can see based on the schedule so far, that's not too bad!

Not too bad? I think it's shockingly bad for a 7 day festival and I'm sure there's a fair few bands your not that bothered about in that 24. Woeful line up this year in my opinion but I think Sziget is going more and more towards the teenage crowd.